Cancer Biology – Investigator
GlaxoSmithKline is hiring Cancer Biology – Investigator.
- Ph. D. in molecular biology, cell biology or a related field with 2-6 years postdoctoral experience.
- A scientific background in cancer biology, as demonstrated by multiple publications in this area.
- Ability to communicate in a clear and concise manner to a multi-disciplinary team in both written and verbal form.
- Ability and desire to work as part of a matrix team.
- Adept at managing multiple priorities in an efficient and organized manner.
- Scientific and technical expertise in the fields of epigenetics, quantitative cellular pharmacology, and cancer genetics.
- Technical expertise in cell proliferation, cell migration/invasion, cell-based assay development, RNAi, ChIP, qRT-PCR, FACS, and protein expression (e.g. ELISA, western blot) studies.
- Demonstrated ability analyzing and interpreting genetic and genomic data (e.g. gene expression, copy number, mutation, DNA methylation and/or ChIP-seq).
- Cancer drug discovery experience.
The Cancer Epigenetics Discovery Performance Unit (DPU) within Cancer Research is seeking an accomplished, highly ambitious scientist to make important contributions to drug discovery and biomarker development. The successful candidate will be a member of multidisciplinary teams working to discover and develop novel cancer medicines. This exceptionally-talented individual will have an extensive background in cancer biology and, ideally, experience in epigenetics. The successful applicant will: 1) lead drug discovery programs, 2) identify and evaluate new drug targets, and 3) discover and develop pharmacodynamic and predictive biomarkers to support translation to the clinic. Additionally, the scientist will work directly with external scientists as part of research collaborations, direct contract research studies, and contribute to strategic planning for the Cancer Epigenetics DPU.
- LI GSK
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK’s compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK’s Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top