Business Support Engineer – (12 month Internship)
- Academic qualifications – Applicants must have completed their undergraduate, graduate or MBA degree between 2015 and June 2017.
- University Degree in Engineering: Mechanical, Industrial, Civil or Chemical
- Computer skills: Windows, Microsoft Office Suite (Microsoft Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint), AutoCAD, SAP.
- Eligible for Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) designation in Ontario
- Contributor to the department's success by bringing enthusiasm, passion and new ideas
- Proven ability to work independently and in a team to deliver deadline driven results
- Willingness to learn new skills and undertake new challenges.
- Experience in Pharmaceutical Manufacturing
- Knowledge of the risks and importance of environmental systems in the pharmaceutical industry
- Relevant experience and skills in pharmaceutical manufacturing - Facilities Systems and Processes
Support the PM program for the facilities systems and equipment. Provide technical support for capital improvement projects and equipment upgrades.
Job Description / Responsibilities
- Support and propose preventive maintenance strategies to ensure the reliability of critical plant equipment.
- Develop and recommend improvements, design changes or modifications to electrical/mechanical systems, equipment or procedures
- Develop technical specifications for maintenance repairs and replacements involving rotating and stationary equipment.
- Create and lead improvement procedures generated by various sources: CAPA, BMS alarms, plant recovery forms.
- Provide technical support for capital improvement projects and equipment upgrades involving stationary and rotating equipment.
- Support facility engineering department in completing PM tasks or troubleshooting equipment issues (provide expert opinion).
- Support facility group to resolve reoccurring issues, deviations and incidents.
- Maintain and complete equipment records and documentation related to tests, maintenance, modifications and repairs.
GSK is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals. GSK is committed to accommodating persons with disabilities. If you need accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information on our accommodation policies, please contact us at
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top