Business Service Analyst - Portfolio Strategy
GSK is a science-led global healthcare company. We research and develop a broad range of innovative products in three primary areas of Pharmaceuticals, Vaccines and Consumer Healthcare. We have a significant global presence with commercial operations in more than 160 markets and a global network of manufacturing sites in multiple countries. Our mission is to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better, live longer.
Manufacturing and Supply Chains are experiencing transformational change through the application of Digital, Data, Analytics & Automation across many industries including Pharmaceuticals. Digital is widely acknowledged as the 4th Industrial Revolution and we're right at the heart of this in the Pharma Supply Chain. These new digital technologies require new skills, higher levels of collaboration and greater agility for us to be successful.
This role owns the collation and reporting on performance across the entire Pharma Supply Chain Tech organisation. You will be responsible for conducting analysis and producing insights on the operational performance across the Pharma Supply Chain Tech organisation. This requires a solid understanding of Tech Service management in particular performance management, continuous service improvements (CSIs) and usability experience (UX) improvements.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Collation and creation of clear, concise reporting of service performance data to be presented to senior management at various forums.
• Use of technical and analytical skills to extract data to identify areas of focus for improvement.
• Use of technical and analytical skills to identify and highlight growing trends and areas of concern to senior management (in particular around reducing Lost Production Hours).
• Identifying linkage of operational performance measures to Voice of the Customer (VOC) and Voice of the Process (VOP) and assist Service Owners towards the required improvements.
• Identifying opportunities to improve usability experiences and assist Product Owners to deliver them.
• Collaboratively working with internal service teams and external strategic suppliers to drive identified improvement initiatives in their areas.
• Delivery of standardisation and simplification programs in order to drive a common performance management framework across Pharma Supply Chain Tech.
• Carries out work with minimal supervision balancing conflicting priorities and needs.
At GSK we are all inspired by the difference we make and challenge ourselves every day to improve the lives of patients and consumers. That's why we have created an environment where everyone feels valued, able to develop, contribute to our mission and be proud of what we achieve.
To support you in achieving your role and career ambitions you'll be given the opportunity to:
• Play an important role in delivering our mission
• Be an essential part of diverse, global team
• Develop others as part of your own professional growth
CLOSING DATE for applications: 15th November (COB)
Please take a copy of the Job Description, as this will not be available post closure of the advert.
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the online application or your CV to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above. The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process. If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
• Degree in computer science or related field is desirable although relevant experience is equally valuable.
• Knowledge and experience with MS Excel, Qlikview, Sharepoint & Infopath
• Good communications and influencing skills
• Knowledge of GSK and ITIL Support Processes
• Experience of application management, operations, and/or support including knowledge and experience of Incident, Problem and Change Management
• Good understanding of business area strategic goals, processes and workflow, and of the IT tools deployed in support
• Is familiar with the concepts, standards, technology, tools, processes, procedures, hardware, software and services in use for delivering information services
• Has the ability to make appropriate technical decisions, initiating action to resolve operational issues
• Ability to learn new concepts, systems, and software independently and quickly
• Skilled at problem solving, communication with stakeholders at all levels and extensive interpersonal skills.
• Understanding and experience of ITIL based service management practices
• ITIL Foundation Level Certification
• Knowledge and experience working with Six Sigma/Lean Sigma processes and tools
• Advanced knowledge and experience with MS Excel, Qlikview, Sharepoint & Infopath
• Knowledge and understanding of Service Level Management and KPI reporting
• Awareness of supporting GxP and Sarbanes Oxley regulated applications
GSK is a science-led, global healthcare company that produces innovative medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products.
We are committed to overcoming some of the biggest challenges in global health; delivering products of value in a responsible, sustainable way; and providing access to medicine for the world's poorest communities.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Back to top