Business Intelligence Partner
The newly formed Business Intelligence team is responsible for providing Commercial Analytics, Forecasting, Market Research, Reporting and independent Strategic recommendations with an aim to grow the Canadian Pharma presence across Canada.
The role of the Business Intelligence Partner will uniquely combine aspects of marketing, sales, finance and analytics to provide actionable strategic recommendations to the Canadian Pharma Leadership team on critical business assumptions, key sales drivers, risks and opportunities.
- Minimum of 3+ years' experience in areas such as: forecasting, marketing research, sales / marketing analysis, sales, marketing, finance, or other analytical function preferably in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Proficient understanding of current and future pharmaceutical market drivers, competitive environment, and treatment algorithms across a range of disease areas.
- Firm understanding of the unique pharmaceutical market, customer, patient and health care system knowledge of IMS databases, products and services
- Proficient in use of forecasting and model building software.
- Proficient in identifying, applying and adapting analogs, benchmarks and order of entry models.
- In-house consultant in therapeutic/customer, analytical/statistical, aspects of forecasting.
- Highly-agile learner with a solution-based mindset, able to assimilate and prioritize a broad range of business issues and needs associated with multiple stakeholders within the organization.
- Ability to synthesize large amounts data from various sources and to effectively present major themes.
- Strong communication and influencing skills to ensure an objective representation of ideas and opinions.
- Self-starter who recognizes opportunities to add value and takes initiative; consistently delivers high performance, timely and quality work.
- Excellent interpersonal skills for interactions with high-profile stakeholders in a matrix environment.
- Proven analytical skills as demonstrated by an ability to identify business opportunities and risks.
- A robust business acumen and ability to employ sound business judgment to evaluate the advantages and disadvantages of several alternative solutions to issues.
- University degree in business or science
- Proficient understanding of GSK product strategies and organizational dynamics and how they impact on the forecast process
- Advanced degree desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively independently and in a cross functional team environment.
- High proficiency in the MS Office suite of tools.
- Preferred Master's level Degree (i.e. MBA, PH.D., MBiotech, etc.).
- Experience with demonstrated knowledge and understanding within the following areas: Brand Strategy, New Product Introduction, Marketing Communication, Promotions, Media Planning and Market Research experience required.
- Accountable for delivering on 5 pillars of business intelligence i.e. Commercial Analytics, Forecasting, Market Research, Reporting and providing independent Strategic Insights/Recommendations for the assigned brands.
- Serve as a strategic advisor to the business on critical business assumptions, strategy, positioning and market definition.
- Understands forecast key sales drivers, risks and opportunities. Keep abreast of pharmaceutical industry, therapeutic area, and internal GSK developments, which could impact on forecast drivers.
- Accountable to rigorously oversee the documentation of forecast assumptions collected from across the enterprise and ensure integrity of assumptions across forecasting deliverables.
- Accountable for building Patient, TRx and NBRx forecast models using primary and secondary data sources.
- Accountable for high quality, accurate and timely completion of forecasting deliverables for the assigned brands.
- Responsible for the timely delivery of comprehensive, accurate, high quality commercial analytics to identify opportunities and provide the foundational support of business decisions and performance monitoring
- Manage and synthesize secondary market data (i.e. Rx/$ data, multichannel measures, competitive intelligence, market scenario development, profiling, market segmentation, etc.) to identify and assess opportunities and threats for assigned brands
- Responsible for the development and integration of LOC multi-channel analytic competencies through global partnerships and local leadership for the purpose of developing performance reports and business insights
- Lead the generation of ad-hoc commercial analysis requests.
- Oversees and supports the design of required market research studies to evaluate forecast assumptions, architecture and patient populations in given disease areas
- Responsible for archiving all required market research project documents to WISE, and for maintaining the Market Research Project Tracker.
- Undertake market research projects as appropriate (e.g. Customer Values Measures study, corporate initiatives / above brand, fill resourcing gaps).
- Develop, maintain and deliver training for reviewers of market research materials.
- Preparing white papers involving analysis and recommendations that cover specific areas of opportunity or threat.
- Oversee the enterprise market research governance framework, ensuring all market research for the assigned brands are in line with the appropriate local and global policies.
- Ensure alignment, quality and accuracy in analytical frameworks and standard reports developed at both global and local levels.
GSK is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals. GSK is committed to accommodating persons with disabilities. If you need accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information on our accommodation policies, please contact us at [email protected]
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top