Business and Technology - Future Leaders Programme (Singapore) 2018
- BS or higher-level degree in Life Sciences major (e.g. Chemistry, Biology), Engineering, Computer Science, Business Management
- Minimum 2nd upper or 3.0 GPA or above
- Less than 2 years of work experience upon graduation of a Bachelors or Masters degree
- Graduation by May 2018
- IT-related related work experience
- Degree in IT-related disciplines
GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) is a world leading research-based pharmaceutical company with a powerful combination of skills and resources that provides a platform for delivering strong growth in today's rapidly changing healthcare environment. The company is the second-largest drug company in the world, with estimated 5.3% share of the world's pharmaceutical market. The business comprises three types of products: prescription medicines, vaccines, and consumer health care products. GSK's mission is to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer.
What's this area all about?
The aim of the Business and Technology Future Leader Program is to provide an accelerated framework of opportunities and experiences for high-caliber graduates so that they can make quality and timely contributions to GSK now and in the future. As part of the Digital Technology pathway at GSK, associates will unlock the business value of emerging technologies and help transform the way GSK interacts with its employees, suppliers, customers and patients. Throughout the programme, you will learn the ins and outs of business processes and the strategies behind delivering key solutions to support business operations.
Embedded in our Consumer business or Global Manufacturing Services (GMS) you will develop functional expertise to help drive business strategy and focus on expanding your skills through graduate-specific leadership training.
- GSK Consumer Healthcare's goal is to be the world's first and best Fast Moving Consumer Healthcare company driven by science and values. As part of the programme you will help the Consumer business to create a world call FMCG IT Organization which enables our business to deliver value through innovation and efficiency.
- GMS IT help to make it easier to create and sustain value in a changing world. Transforming our manufacturing operations into an end-to-end supply chain. Having started the journey of simplifying the IT foundations in GMS, as part of the programme, you will help us to continue to respond to GMS' ambitions and goals, build on the digital agenda and to derive greater value from our IT Investment.
Example of Job Assignments (Rotations):
- Performing business analysis during design, development and implementation of projects
- Designing, developing and supporting software solutions
- Managing project and software quality, including testing and validation
- Ensuring that all user acceptance testing is appropriately defined and executed
- Managing schedules, milestones, and resource requirements to meet project objectives
- Preparing technical documentation
- Interfacing with customers and other stakeholders at all levels of the business
- Identifying opportunities to improve business processes and performance, and advising the business of possible technical solutions
- Identifying and building appropriate sources of information and cultivating effective business relationships
To be successful in the program, applicants need to evidence the following competencies:
- Technical aptitude
- Relationship building
- Influencing drive for success
- Teamwork and collaboration
- Effective communication
- Confidence and can-do attitude
- Continuous improvement
- Flexible thinking and problem solving
How do I apply?
Click the Apply Now button to submit your application today. You will then be requested to enter your personal information and then submit your responses to two questions about your interest and motivation to work for us.
Essential Programme Criteria
Before submitting your application please ensure that you meet the essential criteria for the programme that you are applying to and that you provide this information accurately. Please note that if you do not meet the essential requirements of the programme, you may receive an automatic response, declining your application.
As part of our selection process we may ask you to complete between one and three online assessments. You will receive an email from us with a link to a personalized 'my assessment' homepage where you can access your first assessment. Please note, you will be given 72 hours from receipt of this email to complete your first assessment. If you don't complete the assessment within 72 hours, it will expire and your participation in our selection process will come to an end.
We would like to advise you to review your email daily to check whether you have been sent your first assessment.
Timeline & Assessment Process
Our robust recruitment process includes online application, online testing, video interview and assessment centre.
Applications open on September 11 and 19 Oct 2017
Late submissions will not be accepted.
It is expected that our Assessment Centre will run in End November/December 2017
If you require any reasonable adjustments during the application process, please contact us at [email protected] to discuss your requirements in confidence.
For more information on the Future Leaders Programme, please visit our website www.futureleaders.gsk.com
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top