Business Analyst (24 month FTC/Secondment)
Please note that this is a 2 year Fixed Term Contract / Secondment.
- Demonstrated depth of knowledge and business experience across the end-to-end P2P process, acquired through detailed operational and technical experience in the subject
- Knowledge of external and internal best practices
- Knowledge of Continuous Improvement Tools and experience of application required to improve processes and maintain the suite of deployment materials
- Teamwork: capable of working effectively in large, complex, cross-functional and cross-department teams working with business changes and systems implementation programmes
- Planning: capable of setting clear goals and defining detailed plans for their work and tracking the realization to completion
- Highly developed internal and external customer focus and stakeholder management experience
- Ability to manage high workload against demanding timelines, prioritising where necessary to meet these
- Sound interpersonal skills working across different levels and cultures, team working, performance management, staff development and coaching experience
- Good written and verbal English
- Please see Basic Requirements
WHO ARE WE?
At GSK we are a science-led global healthcare company. We research and develop a broad range of innovative products in three primary areas of Pharmaceuticals, Vaccines and Consumer Healthcare. Our mission is inspiring and challenging – to help people do more, feel better and live longer.
We have a significant global presence with commercial operations in more than 150 countries, a network of 86 manufacturing sites in 36 countries and large R&D centres in the UK, USA, Spain, Belgium and China.
WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF THIS ROLE?
The purpose of this role is to deploy the Procure to Pay processes to the GSK manufacturing sites as part of the ERP deployment. The ERP template will standardise the processes across GSK.
It will be the responsibility of the Subject Matter Expert to ensure that the sites and associated Shared Services for the deploying sites are fully prepared for implementation
WHAT WILL YOUR KEY RESPONSIBILITIES BE?
- A detailed knowledge and understanding of the P2P and associated processes ensure that it supports the deploying sites' operating models and enables delivery of business benefits.
- Work with the deploying sites to ensure their impacts of change to their ways of working are correctly identified. Assess these impacts for potential template modifications.
- Review, analyze and challenge localisation requirements and prepare business change requests and provide information relevant to the P2P business process required for Template development approval.
- Data: Ensure that the data is fit for purpose including, vendor master data, catalogue data set up, material groups set up, local configuration etc.
- Liaise with the deploying site and relevant Procurement teams to ensure appropriate vendor communications happen in a timely manner.
- Explain the SAP Jobs to deploying sites to assist with site user to Job mapping.
- Deliver training and education packages to business users on the SAP processes and associated standard work.
- Support informal and formal site testing.
- Cutover: Work with all the finance organizations to ensure ramp-down, cutover and ramp-up have minimal impact on business operations.
- Act as strong advocate for the Global Processes across the businesses and maintain close working ties within other ERP Programme streams and other key stakeholders.
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
At GSK we are all inspired by the difference we make and challenge ourselves every day to improve the lives of patients and consumers. That's why we have created an environment where everyone feels valued, able to develop, contribute to our mission and be proud of what we achieve.
To support you in achieving your role and career ambitions you'll be given the opportunity to:
- Play an important role in delivering our mission
- Be an essential part of diverse, global team
- Develop others as part of your own professional growth
You'll also receive a competitive salary package including on target bonus, shares, private medical insurance, Company Pension Plan, 26 days annual holiday, private healthcare option, bonus scheme and a share purchase scheme plus a personalized career development pathway.
Interested in Joining the Team?
Closing date for applications: 29th September 2017
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the on-line application to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above.
The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top