- High school diploma or equivalent
- Prior experience engineering or maintaining industrial process or utility equipment (five years).
- Familiar with cGMP's, regulatory guidelines, governmental codes, and standard operating procedure.
Why GSK? Because GSK's BioPharm business vision is to leverage its experience and technical capabilities to launch, supply, and manage Biopharmaceutical products around the world. It will fulfill GSK's Mission to Do More, Feel Better, and Live Longer by living its values: Integrity: Always doing the right thing; Commitment to the Patient: Making the Patient the #1 Priority; Customer Service: Commit to delivering on promises to internal & external customers; Compliance – Being accountable for quality and safety.
The building mechanic will operate, maintain, and install equipment used for operation within the GMP biopharmaceutical manufacturing facility. This role works a rotating shift
- Operate, maintain, and repair steam boilers and related equipment including deaerators, pumps, valves, regulators, hot water generators, humidifiers, steam traps, and associated control systems.
- Operate, maintain, and repair chilled water systems including chillers, pumps, cooling towers, and control systems.
- Operate, maintain, and repair high purity water systems including multimedia filtration systems, water softeners, reverse osmosis systems, wfi distillation units, clean steam generators, pumps, and associated control systems.
- Operate, maintain, and repair direct expansion air conditioning or refrigeration systems and components including compressors, coils, valves, regulators, and associated control systems.
- Operate, maintain, and repair building control devices including pneumatic valves, thermostats, controllers, relays, and transmitters.
- Operate, maintain, and repair ventilation equipment including air handlers, exhaust fans, cooling and heating coils, and associated control systems and instrumentation.
- Operate, maintain, and repair compressed air systems including compressor packages, desiccant dryers, valves, and associated control systems.
- Inspect, replace, align, adjust, and lubricate mechanical system components including bearings, gear boxes, belt drives, shaft couplings, mechanical seals, and related devices.
- Observe and record equipment operating conditions by inspecting equipment operation and completing appropriate logs. Monitor the building automation, automated utility controls systems, and life safety alarm system. Investigate, remediate, and report alarms to appropriate personnel.
- Safely perform preventative and corrective maintenance tasks on utility equipment and systems. Make recommendations for maintenance tasks and frequencies and procedural/operational changes to enhance equipment life and maintainability. Identify spare parts and consumables necessary to perform these tasks.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top