Black Utilities Senior Engineer
- Master Engineering Mechanical/ Civil or large expertise in these domains
- Strong technical background in Engineering, Black Utilities System (Industrial Steam, Chilled Water, Glycol Water, compressed air, Hot Water, ...), and Equipment (Boilers, Chillers, Compressors, Heat Exchangers...)
- 10 to 15 years' experience in the required domain
- Broad knowledge of Black Utilities Technologies
- Deep and specific technical knowledge of Thermodynamics, Fluids, Automation/Regulation, Piping, Material
- Good knowledge in cGMP
- Expertise in Material Sciences (Carbon Steel, Stainless steel, welding, plastics,…)
- Expertise in Commissioning, Black Utilities production and distribution of energy
- Highly effective at influencing internally and externally
- Highly effective communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to discuss and negotiate technical matters with suppliers
- Fluent in English and French (written and spoken)
Job purpose :
- Provide leadership to a core group of technical engineers GSK or Contingents in the development of deep scientific & engineering understanding of manufacturing Operations and in the implementation of good engineering & design practices and solutions to support manufacturing, quality and research operations.
- Act as the Black Utilities Senior Specialist in GSK Vaccines Belgium (existing facility upgrades and new facilities – excluded strategic project) by delivering equipment and system in the following technologies (Black Steam generation and Distribution, Chiller Water, Glycol Water, Compressed Air, Cooling Tower, Soft-water; City Water, …
- Challenge and support project and asset care teams on complex and Belgian transversal issues.
- Proactively ensure and safeguard the quality and capabilities of the manufacturing, quality and research facilities within GSK Vaccines through the implementation of robust process and process support equipment design, installation, and technical guidelines
- Support all Belgium GSK Vaccines sites concerning technical troubleshooting, and hands on training based on industry best practices
- Act as fronter or support during internal and external inspection
Key responsabilities :
- Ensure regular technical contact with Manufacturing Performance Unit (Production unit) and Technical Service Head
- Ensure Black Utilities system and equipment understanding
- Focus on performance of operations.
- Define and validate technical content of each support troubleshooting request with the different MPU
- Provide support to "Asset Care" team: E-Ticket request, specific troubleshooting and TP13 assessment
- Deep analysis of the problem / issue
- Propose the best action plan/solution in term of Quality, Timing and Price
- Close following of the right Implementation of the solution
- Ensure Benchmarking and technologies watch of Black Utilities Equipment and Network
- Analyze the opportunities to improve internal process and system
- Responsible to manage the expert team and to select with his N+1 adequate outsourced resources for short-term need
- Assure that Global Guidance are integrated in corporate documents
- Perform GEMBA and PSS
- Perform training package for specific technology
- Build capabilities of the team using Black Utilities equipment and distribution network (by Mentoring & Coaching)
- Provide adequate support for field inspections and follow-up of all remediation activities to retrieve the necessary information to update the specifications and capture the lessons learned with final accountability for the performance and reliability of these systems
- Review and participate in the improvement of the Global Engineering Standards, Technical Standards, to enhance standardization and simplification of design
- Provide expertise support to the CAPEX project managers resulting in optimal project execution.
- Act as Senior Expert in his domain of competence on Internal and External Audit. Be fronter during inspection
At GSK we provide a supportive working environment, and a range of development challenges and opportunities. We also offer competitive benefits and compensation packages designed to attract and to retain the very best. GSK is proud to promote an open culture, encouraging people to be themselves and giving their ideas a chance to flourish. GSK is an equal opportunity employer.
Once our pioneering treatments have been developed, they are manufactured to the highest standards and distributed across the regions that need them most. Accomplishing this as efficiently and quickly as possible can quite literally be a matter of life and death. So it's no wonder that more than 70% of our talented workforce is based within Global Industrial Operations - the essential business unit that manufactures and manages the entire vaccine supply process, from customer order to product dispatch on a global scale.
As the name suggests, it operates in a multi-national context across more than 17 sites around the world, working closely in tandem with colleagues from a variety of disciplines and professions.
The department is structured in operating units that focus on various aspects of the manufacturing and supply process. These include Industrialisation (overseeing the transfer of production from R&D to a commercial level), Supply Chain Management and Technical Services.
GSK is one of the world's leading research-based pharmaceutical and healthcare companies – is committed to improving the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer.
GSK Vaccines is one of the world's leading vaccine companies, with a comprehensive portfolio of 39 vaccines for infants, adolescents and adults and 15 more in development. We have more than 16,000 people working worldwide to deliver nearly 2 (1.9) million vaccines every day to people in around 90% (172) of the world's countries.
For further information, please visit www.gsk.com.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top