Automation Tools Specialist
The individual shall possess strong performance and capacity analysis skills. Experience with the monitoring, performance and capacity planning tool set is strongly desired, specifically CA UIM and Spectrum. The candidate shall exhibit good communication skills and present clear and concise information to key stakeholders.
- Degree in IT related field or equivalent experience
- Experience with CA Technologies UIM, Spectrum and CapMan tools or related monitoring tools.
- Experience with Remedy tools and processes
- Experience with HP SIM and other point monitoring tools
- Previous scripting experience (Shell or PERL).
- Expertise administering at least one of the following operating systems; Windows, RHEL, AIX, ESX
- Expertise creating reports using common tools (SQL/Oracle)
- Relevant IT and business experience
GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) is one of the world's leading research-based pharmaceutical and consumer healthcare companies and is committed to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer.
In Malaysia, GSK has established a strong presence for over 50 years and is home to our operations in the area of pharmaceuticals, consumer healthcare, manufacturing, and Business Services Centre. GSK employs over 1000 staff in Malaysia.
GSK is an exciting, rewarding and dynamic place to work. We thrive to be different from the conventional corporate ways of working. We pride ourselves on exemplary leadership and sense of community, and we offer a great platform for your personal and career development.
GSK Business Service Centre
The Business Service Centre, Kuala Lumpur is GSK's first global hub in Asia and will play a key role in GSK's Core Business Services consolidating the organisation's global and regional service delivery in IT, Finance, Employee Services, Indirect Procurement and Worldwide Real Estate and Facilities into an integrated shared service network.
Contribute to the design, development, and implementation of enterprise infrastructure performance, capacity and availability monitoring systems and service. Provide technical support in the product life cycle of these products. Manage relationships with key stakeholders to develop and implement monitoring and reporting solutions to increase efficiency and cost effectiveness of infrastructure hardware and business applications.
Key responsibilities include:
- Maintaining currency of the availability, capacity and performance monitoring tool set by ensuring software and agents are kept to supported versions.
- Responding to service requests within the defined SLA for server performance evaluation requests.
- Responsible for the installation and 24x7 administration of enterprise monitoring and capacity tools and service. A failure in the tools or reporting could result in unplanned outages to critical business applications and the inability to deliver key service data to senior leadership.
- Deliver service reporting that illustrates the health and size of GSK server fleet. The tools, processes and reports must enable GSK to lower support costs and decrease unit cost.
- Troubleshooting issues with the performance and capacity monitoring infrastructure. Must understand GSK's complex server and networking environment and have expertise in multiple operation systems to successfully function in this role.
- Maintain good communication and coordination between Integration, Operations and Business application support teams.
- Appropriately manage and prioritize multiple projects and tasks. Communicate target dates with the goal of always doing what we say we're going to do.
This role will actively participate in a Capacity & Performance team with the goal of eliminating and/or minimizing outages related to Server and Storage hardware and implementing infrastructure solutions that will increase efficiency and reduce Unit Cost. The primary scope of this role is management of the enterprise server hosting infrastructure.
This role participates in projects to introduce new availability monitoring and capacity management functionality as well as projects to maintain currency of the existing infrastructure. The role requires that the person be able to take stakeholder monitoring and reporting requirements and generate solutions utilizing the existing toolset. GSK relies on this IT service to deliver a consistent and all encompassing level of performance so that we can ensure the highest level of availability to critical business enabling applications.
Please apply online.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top