Automation Tools Analyst
Our Automation tool area characterizes by contribute to the design, development, and implementation of enterprise infrastructure performance, capacity and availability monitoring systems and service
As a member of this team YOU can provide technical support in the product life cycle of these products. Manage relationships with key stakeholders to develop and implement monitoring and reporting solutions to increase efficiency and cost effectiveness of infrastructure hardware and business applications.
This role gives YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career, the main of these are:
- Maintaining currency of the availability, capacity and performance monitoring tool set by ensuring software and agents are kept to supported versions.
- Responding to service requests within the defined SLA for server performance evaluation requests.
- Responsible for the installation and 24x7 administration of enterprise monitoring and capacity tools and service.
- Deliver service reporting that illustrates the health and size of GSK server fleet. The tools, processes and reports must enable GSK to lower support costs and decrease unit cost.
- Troubleshooting issues with the performance and capacity monitoring infrastructure. Must understand GSK's complex server and networking environment and have expertise in multiple operation systems to successfully function in this role.
We are looking for professionals with these characteristics to achieve our goals:
- Degree in IT related field or equivalent experience
- Experience with CA Technologies UIM, Spectrum and CapMan tools or related monitoring tools.
- Experience with Remedy tools and processes
- Experience with HP SIM and other point monitoring tools
- Previous scripting experience (Shell or PERL).
- Expertise administering at least one of the following operating systems; Windows, RHEL, AIX, ESX
- Expertise creating reports using common tools (SQL/Oracle)
- Relevant IT and business experience
However, if you have the following, it would be a plus:
- Windows and Linux
- LEAN/Six Sigma
- ITIL Foundation certification
If you feel like this is your next career move, please apply up to 08/09/2017
We are a science-led global healthcare company with a mission: we want to help people to do more, feel better, live longer.
In over 150 countries, and 300 years of history, GSK has a deep commitment to improving healthcare by developing innovative new medicines and widening access around the world.
We research and develop a broad range of innovative products, such as vaccines, medicines and consumer healthcare products, including: Sensodyne, CataflamPro/ Voltaren, Theraflu / Trimedal, Parodontax, Panadol, Polident and Otrivin.
GSK Employees are known to work across boundaries, so you will enjoy the benefits of being part of a diverse multicultural and multifunctional team, getting inspired through Drive Performance and a healthy and inclusive environment. We are known to have a positive mindset and always Live by Our Values, so here you will be very proud to do the right thing for patients.
Being a GSK employee allows you to challenge and to change by improving the way we do business, and impacting the way we Develop our own Capability and Talent. At GSK you will achieve your career ambitions through your personal and professional development.
With a commitment to integrity and respect for people you will work in an inclusive, sustainable and healthy environment, getting inspired by making the difference and playing an important role on the benefit of millions of patients and consumer worldwide. Find out what life at GSK is really like www.gsk.com
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top