- Master in Engineering
- Automation expertise about 8 to 10 years' experience
- Broad knowledge of Automation Technologies
- Deep and specific technical knowledge of control, monitoring and data systems
- Expertise in DCS, PLC and SCADA technologies
- Expertise in Commissioning and Validation of automation system
- Highly effective communication skills
- Has the ability to work fully autonomous
- Sense of urgency, flexibility and accountability.
- Ability to discuss and negotiate technical matters with suppliers
- Fluent in English and French (written and spoken)
Act as the Subject Matter Expert for automation and safety automation solutions for all the facility equipments by defining the strategy in automation (life cycle, material,...)
for GSK Vaccines Belgium.
Key responsabilities :
- Ensure regular technical contact with the Heads of production & maintenance.
- Ensure automation system and equipment understanding.
- Provide support to production sites: E-Ticket request, specific troubleshooting and obsolescence assessment
- Propose the best action plan/solution in term of Quality, Timing and Price
- Close follow-up of the right Implementation of the solution
- Ensure Benchmarking and technologies watch of Automation System, Equipment and Network
- Analyze the opportunities to improve internal process and system
- Assure that Global Guidance are applied on site
- Perform training package for specific technology
- Provide adequate support for field inspections and follow-up of all remediation activities
- Update the specifications and capture the lessons learned
- Be fronter during internal or external inspections.
- Select with the procurement service providers meet the required GSK Vaccines under transversal contracts
- Drive specifications in its discipline
- Provide the technical expertise to resolve the complex technical issues experienced by production unit regarding technical installations in its discipline
- Design the systems in compliance with GMP, EHS, FDA, GSK requirements
- Implements strict project control and reports to his management (Milestones follow-up and budget) and internal customer
- Execute Continuous Engineering Improvement projects
At GSK we provide a supportive working environment, and a range of development challenges and opportunities. We also offer competitive benefits and compensation packages designed to attract and to retain the very best. GSK is proud to promote an open culture, encouraging people to be themselves and giving their ideas a chance to flourish. GSK is an equal opportunity employer.
Once our pioneering treatments have been developed, they are manufactured to the highest standards and distributed across the regions that need them most. Accomplishing this as efficiently and quickly as possible can quite literally be a matter of life and death. So it's no wonder that more than 70% of our talented workforce is based within Global Industrial Operations - the essential business unit that manufactures and manages the entire vaccine supply process, from customer order to product dispatch on a global scale.
As the name suggests, it operates in a multi-national context across more than 17 sites around the world, working closely in tandem with colleagues from a variety of disciplines and professions.
The department is structured in operating units that focus on various aspects of the manufacturing and supply process. These include Industrialisation (overseeing the transfer of production from R&D to a commercial level), Supply Chain Management and Technical Services.
GSK is one of the world's leading research-based pharmaceutical and healthcare companies – is committed to improving the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer.
GSK Vaccines is one of the world's leading vaccine companies, with a comprehensive portfolio of 39 vaccines for infants, adolescents and adults and 15 more in development. We have more than 16,000 people working worldwide to deliver nearly 2 (1.9) million vaccines every day to people in around 90% (172) of the world's countries.
For further information, please visit www.gsk.com.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top