- 7 years Automation experience required.
- 5 minimim in Pharmaceuticcal industry.
- Must have demonstrated self-direct work habits along with verbal and written communication skills.
- Prior experience leading the design, programming, start-up, troubleshooting and validating of process control including SCADA and PLC systems required.
- Prior experience in a cGMP regulated industry including experience with relevant regulatory requirements and 21 CFR part 11 strongly preferred.
- Working knowledge and prior application development using PLC programming (AB, Siemens S7 & S5), SCADA, HMI configuration (Intellution Fix32 and iFix, Wonderware, Siemens Apogee) strongly preferred.
The Automation Engineering Manager is responsible for all aspects of industrial control systems design, specification, and life cycle management utilized throughout the Lincoln facility. The person in this role is responsible to plan and prioritize automation staff to meet plant needs. The Automation Engineering Manager is responsible for the Control System obsolescence strategy for the site.
Key Responsibilities -
- Lead the design and installation of instrumentation and control systems including the building automation systems, data systems, process control, DCS and utility PLC's which are harmonized with GSK-standards.
- Develop and optimize operation and maintenance procedures for instrumentation and control systems.
- Manage change control process for automation/Process Control Equipment.
- Troubleshoot and correct problems with instrumentation and control systems.
- Provide technical support for existing automation systems. Analyze repairs and maintenance requirements in order to proactively address system weaknesses.
- In cooperation with the Validation Engineers, develop validation documentation and implement validation plans, instrumentation and control systems.
- Develop training programs for instrumentation and control systems.
- Manage vendors and consultants to ensure that contracts contain appropriate technical specifications are delivered as required.
- Stay current on developments in the field of instrumentation and control technology and GSK-Standards.
- Interface with users, peers, and management to ensure appropriate input and integration of local and corporate standards.
- Provide technical expertise during regulatory audits.
- Author, review, revise, or approve Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's) as required.
- Responsible for on time Compliance records of Automation Department.
- Participate in site Operational Excellence initiatives.
- Participate on cross-functional teams, who address specific problems, facilitate discussion and research, enabling procedures to become more efficient, and to build and enhance interdepartmental relationships.
- Provide technical support for utility systems including but not limited to: purified water systems, compressed air systems, chilled water systems and steam systems.
- Perform all job responsibilities in compliance with applicable regulations, standard operating procedures, and industry practice.
- Work on any assignments as directed.
- Adhere to all GSK safety guidelines and procedures
Job Family - Calibration & Instrumentation: Performs precise calibrations and preventative and corrective maintenance on measuring and test equipment, instruments, tools, gauges and fixtures. Sets up test equipment and conducts tests on performance and reliability of mechanical, structural, or electromechanical equipment. Develops calibration operating procedures and documentation for all instruments.
Job Family Group - Engineering: Performs engineering work in operations, production or maintenance environments. Designs and scales up manufacturing processes, instruments and equipment, and tests manufactured products to maintain quality. Plans, designs and estimates time and cost, and oversees maintenance of structures, facilities, systems and components. Analyses and develops solutions to engineering problems related to manufacturing equipment and systems or the causes of component failures. Develops and applies engineering standards and procedures, and provides advice on issues within the engineering field.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top