Provide engineering and technical support for process control systems in the Biopharmaceutical Operations facility. Evaluate and develop technology, plan and implement modifications and upgrades to control systems, and provide technical support.
• Participate in the design and installation of instrumentation and control systems.
o Primary: Emerson DeltaV DCS
o Secondary: Allen Bradley PLC, Emerson Syncade.
• Collaborate with building stakeholders thoughout the automation lifecycle: compile control system change requirements; complete design, implementation, and testing of changes; document changes; maintain and monitor the system.
• Troubleshoot and diagnose problems with instrumentation and control systems, generate recommendations and then develop/execute solutions to correct and resolve.
• Adhere to, develop, and continuously improve the operation and maintenance procedures for instrumentation and control systems.
• Support the maintenance and upkeep of the operational technology environment through administration of systems, network, and accounts.
• Prepare documentation and perform instrumentation and control system validation.
• Provide training to the users of instrumentation and control systems.
• Support project needs by filling various roles, as required, including project team member, temporary/ad-hoc support & augmentation, process controls consultation, and technical lead.
• Interface with users, peers, and management to ensure appropriate input and integration of local and corporate standards.
BS/BA in engineering, life sciences, biology or equivalent technical discipline
6 years of relevant technical experience
• Prior experience in design, programming, start-up, and troubleshooting of process control systems and instrumentation including DCS is required.
• Ability to diagnose problems, generate options, prioritize solutions, select optimal solutions, and implement decisions/resolve problems is required.
• A demonstrated ability to interact well with peers and senior personnel in multidisciplinary teams involving scientific, engineering, and operational disciplines is required.
• Prior experience in the design, programming, start-up, and troubleshooting of Emerson Syncade and/or PLC (Allen Bradley) systems is preferred.
• Prior experience in systems/account administration, network design, and server troubleshooting is preferred.
• Experience working in a GMP environment is preferred.
• Knowledge in current standards of control system platforms and computer system validation is preferred.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top