In Audit & Assurance (A&A), we are looking for talents from within GSK or externally, with expertise and functional knowledge of managing risks in relation to Commercial Practices, Anti-Bribery and Corruption (ABAC) or Financial Control and Reporting to join our team as an Audit Manager.
A&A is responsible for providing an objective view of risk management at a point in time. By raising awareness, we inspire meaningful action before potential issues become real issues. We collaborate and partner on the shared goal of reducing risk to GSK - protecting the interests of our patients. We are in the unique position to view across the GSK enterprise, connecting insights and sharing learning's in the risk space through our assurance and advisory product portfolio.
As an Audit Manager, your development will be accelerated and you can expect to:
• Develop a deeper understanding of GSK's functional businesses
• Develop broader perspectives and a "One GSK" enterprise mind-set
• Gain GSK knowledge and cultural awareness
• Engage with stakeholders at every level of the organisation
• Grow cross-functional networks
• Enhance your leadership capabilities in communication, collaboration, challenge and influencing
• Build critical capability in risk management
If you are interested in broadening your understanding of GSK and performing risk based audits as a means to enrich your professional experience, a career step into A&A may meet your expectations.
Learn more about A&A's vibrant development culture on A&A's Developing Capability & Talent in A&A website:
As an Audit Manager, you will perform and lead audits across the EMEA region in relation to Commercial Practices, ABAC and Finance. The Commercial Practices risk includes risks that arise from having direct interactions with our customers, such as the risk of inappropriate promotion. The ABAC risk is the risk of any inappropriate payments to or other interactions with third parties to gain an unfair advantage, while the Finance risk includes the risk of incorrect financial reporting and financial loss. Travel is required for this role for about 25% of your time (12 weeks per year).
Your role will be to deliver objective and insightful assurance that inspires meaningful action in reducing risk to GSK. This role is critical to illuminating the current state of risk management, giving credit for good practices, identifying issues, understanding root cause, and connecting dots across disparate activities to deliver insights that mobilize the organisation to improve.
In your role, you are expected to be an ambassador of risk management and the GSK Internal Control Framework (ICF), fostering openness and trust and providing resources to individuals that will help them reduce risk.
At times, you will be asked to lead audits or other engagements (Engagement Lead), either leading audits of Local Operating Companies or leading theme audits.
• Engage auditees and other business stakeholders in a way that inspires and builds trust, mutual understanding, and respect.
• Deliver timely and meaningful audit outputs in alignment with the Core Audit Process (or other assurance products as required), providing a holistic view of risk management in language the business understands. This includes not only identifying gaps in controls and risk management, but also good practices and insights to be shared and leveraged more broadly across GSK.
• Connect assurance work streams to the bigger picture for the assurance work. Actively identify common themes to deliver meaningful insights and appropriate context to support action.
• Bring insight to auditees and other business stakeholders and provide resources that will deepen their understanding of risk and the ICF.
• Anticipate and effectively manage potential obstacles to audit delivery and risk reduction and ensure timely escalation if necessary. Demonstrate a flexible approach to work, rebalancing priorities where necessary and solving problems creatively.
• Uphold A&A consistent standards, while working efficiently and minimizing non-value added activities.
• Lead by example to challenge the status quo and create a vibrant, values-based work environment. Develop self and others through giving and receiving feedback to promote excellence and continuous improvement. Engage in peer to peer coaching, teaching, and mentoring.
• Actively contribute to the evolution of A&A assurance strategies and related audit universe entries.
• Expand the knowledge base of the A&A team through proactive knowledge sharing and collaboration. Share your experience actively for relevant audits. Build your own knowledge of new areas and actively participate in audits of new areas to increase your audit experience and flexibility as required by A&A.
• Champion A&A strategic projects and initiatives.
Line management and budgetary responsibilities:
The role has no permanent line management responsibilities, but as an Audit Manager you will periodically act as Engagement Lead for the audit team.
• Excellent knowledge and understanding of risks in relation to Commercial Practices, Financial Control and Reporting or Anti-bribery and Corruption, gained from functional roles in the business.
• A proven track record of managing complex projects or initiatives including planning, organising, managing people and delivering within the agreed timelines.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Strong collaboration, partnership and influencing skills
• Good problem solving, analytical and critical thinking skills
• Ability to challenge the status quo
• A self-starter, results-oriented
• Proficiency in English is essential, foreign language skills preferred
• Knowledge of the GSK Internal Control Framework and GSK's approach to risk management
• Bachelor's degree in relevant discipline (e.g. finance, business, life sciences, pharmacy)
• An awareness of ADP tools
Application End Date - 25th June 2018
GlaxoSmithKline is a science-led global healthcare company that researches and develops a broad range of innovative medicines and brands. We discover, make and market life-enhancing products that are used by millions of people around the world, helping them to do more, feel better and live longer.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top