- Bachelor's degree in biological sciences, biochemistry, or a closely related scientific discipline
- Minimum two years of experience in related field
- Basic knowledge and strong interests in: i) molecular & cellular biology of mammalian cells; ii) recombinant protein expression; iii) modern technologies applied to cell line characterization such as flow cytometry and genome editing.
- Master's degree in biological sciences, biochemistry, or a closely related scientific discipline
- Experience with mammalian cell culture and cell line development for recombinant gene expression, including routine cell passage, plasmid construction and purification, transfection and cell line characterization
- Knowledge of equipment and procedures such as auto-cell counting, FACs cell sorting and imaging, and protein analysis
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, verbal and written communication
- Participate as a member of the group responsible for generating cell lines to produce biopharm drug substance.
- Display high motivation to conduct CHO cell line development as well as host/vector engineering in order to deliver high quality and yield products or improve the robustness of platform technologies.
- Ensure high quality experimental design and operation, data analysis, troubleshooting, and maintenance of detailed records for project reports.
- Effectively collaborate within a matrixed environment.
- Deliver high quality work using strong communication skills.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top