Associate Director, Portfolio Planning & New Product Development
To maximize portfolio value and business opportunities of GSK China Vaccines through working closely with functional teams of Vaccines R&D, Clinical Development & Operations, Regulatory, Medical Affairs, Manufacturing/GIO, Commercial, etc. to drive effective local development of short, medium and long-term product pipeline and business opportunities. Provide project management and local support to business development initiatives through collaboration with Global BD to establish strategic alliance and partnership in China.
• Lead the portfolio strategy planning & new product development (NPD) of China Vaccines. By establishing and leading a series of cross-functional project teams composed of representatives from R&D, Clinical Development & Operations, Medical Affairs, Regulatory, Manufacturing/GIO and Commercial, lead and initiate the portfolio strategy and new products development to sustain mid-long term business growth of China vaccine
• Deliver integrated value appraisal for new products and business opportunities to CVPB for approval and ensure NPD proposal captures relevant input from Medical & Clinical Development, Regulatory, Finance, IPR and Manufacturing
• Integrate resources to create robust forecasting assumptions and projections; revisit and update forecast upon major change in planning assumptions and revisit go/no go decision where appropriate
• As core member of China Vaccine Portfolio Board (CVPB), manage and facilitate quarterly meetings and support Chairman and the board to fulfil responsibilities; routinely update CVPB with project progress, escalate issues, submit proposals and resource requirement
• Support CVPB in engaging global governance bodies (VIB, VCB, VLT etc.) to exercise influence and obtain support
• Through cross-functional cooperation, lead and manage pre-commercialization activities of new products and line extensions to achieve speed-to-market (defined as NIFDC release of 1st commercial batch).
• Ensuring through IPR team that appropriate trademarks are selected and registered, and that Intellectual Property Protection for new products is maximised
• Actively connecting global functions/teams through regular meetings / forums, effectively collaborate on project basis, drive alignment and ensure above-country functional support is in place for China projects
• Through collaboration with BD, provide commercial appraisals on licensing opportunities and alliance management support for third party cooperation if need
• Provide analytical inputs and decision supports as appropriate to ad hoc projects of China Vx in the area including but not limited to competitive intelligence, commercial modelling, and etc.
• The position holder needs to possess a wide spectrum of working knowledge in various technical aspects including regulatory, clinical, manufacturing, financial modelling, supply chain, logistics, etc. A high degree of maturity and expertise in program management is also required.
• The position holder needs to be highly analytical and systematic thinking, be capable to synthesize an integrated proposal through abstracting a wide range of information and providing concrete supportive evidence and rationale. He/she needs to be able to navigate in the complex circumstance, identify the pathway, and drive to move forward.
• The position holder needs to have the confidence in working with a high degree of uncertainties/ambiguities from both internal and external environment.
• Success in this role will be achieved by leading/collaborating with project teams and a diverse group of internal and external stakeholders involving multi-functional/multi-cultural members in the matrix working environment without reporting relations.
• The position holder needs to routinely work with different level of local and global senior management and governance bodies which requires a high level of influencing capability and corporate agility.
• Experience in new product launch is a plus
• Experience with GSK ADP tools / techniques is a plus
• PMP (Project Management Professional) Certification or equivalent is a plus
Pharma or Vaccine industry experience is must
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top