Assistant General Counsel - ViiV Healthcare
- Qualified as a solicitor or barrister with deep and established PQE
- Experienced in commercial, pharmaceutical/regulatory, contract and competition law
- Excellent communication skills; ability to interact effectively with all levels of management
- Working knowledge of pharmaceutical industry
- Sound decision-making ability
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills, internal and with external service providers
- Ability to confidently counsel senior executives, including CEO, CFO and Head HR; demonstrated ability to build credibility with senior leaders and executive teams
- Strong negotiation, consultative and facilitation skills with ability to effectively interact with internal and external business partners, including alliance partners
- Ability to develop preventative law strategies and corporate policies
- Ability to create and deliver training programs
- Some international travel required (min 25%)
- Good working knowledge of pharmaceutical industry would be preferred
- Familiarity with the HIV therapeutic area
- Familiarity with compliance investigation processes
- Experience counseling on commercial practices and policies
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills; demonstrated ability to successfully manage ambiguous situations
- Exposure to anti-corruption laws (FCPA and UK Bribery Bill)
- Cross-cultural sensitivities and effectiveness
Who are ViiV Healthcare ..
ViiV Healthcare is an independent, global specialist HIV company combining the HIV expertise of GSK, Pfizer and Shionogi, with a broad portfolio of antiretroviral medicines, an industry-leading pipeline, and several first-of-their-kind programmes to improve access to medicines and support novel on-the-ground community initiatives. ViiV Healthcare has established a presence in 16 countries and we are uniquely positioned to be at the forefront of advancing HIV treatment and care because we are the only pharmaceutical company 100% focused on HIV.
Through our focus on patient-centred innovation we have developed a strong portfolio of medicines that are advancing treatment and care for people living with HIV around the world. Our broad product portfolio includes a range of therapeutic options throughout the treatment spectrum. The primary focus is on the growth portfolio namely dolutegravir and cabotegravir based regimens as well as the newly acquired (Ex-BMS) assets, which includes asset combinations from phase IIb through to in-market such as Tivicay, Triumeq as well as DORI, D3, CAB/RPV, CAB prevention, fostemsavir, Maturation Inhibitors and other novel agents early in development pipeline.
Summary of the role ...
This is a key legal role supporting the ViiV European business as well as GSK House based central ViiV Functions, including Finance, Business Development and HR. A senior-level attorney is required to fill this VH function, ideally an attorney with previous experience in the HIV/European/BD area.
Key Responsibilities ...
- Strategic and operational support of European commercial activities
- Counsel to European VH business team regarding application of joint venture agreements and additional business development arrangements
- Advise on competition law, EFPIA initiatives, public procurement, personal data protection, parallel trade and other matters related to or governed by EU and international law
- Interaction with Pfizer and Shionogi shareholder representatives
- Counsel regarding new and existing disputes, claims and litigation in Europe
- Interact with VH shareholders and external legal advisors to coordinate advice to business team regarding intellectual property and lifecycle management for portfolio globally
- Promote appropriate strategies and processes to ensure ethical and legal compliance throughout VH
- Provide assistance with Company Secretariat matters
- Participation in regional EU leadership teams as warranted
- Presentation to VH Board of Directors as warranted
- Coordination of network of GSK attorneys in the European region supporting VH under a services agreement in addition to management of external legal advisors
Why ViiV Healthcare ? ...
At ViiV Healthcare we are all inspired by the difference we make and challenge ourselves every day to improve the lives of patients and consumers. That's why we have created an environment where everyone feels valued, able to develop, contribute to our mission and be proud of what we achieve.
To support you in achieving your role and career ambitions you'll be given the opportunity to:
- Play an important role in delivering our mission
- Be an essential part of diverse, global team
- Develop others as part of your own professional growth
We offer a competitive salary package including on target bonus, shares, private medical insurance, a company pension plan, generous annual leave and a personalised career development pathway.
We look forward to receiving your application !
Closing date for applications: 23rd Aug 2017
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the on-line application to clearly describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above. The information that you have provided in your cover letter will be used to assess your application.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity.
If requiring an adjustment for a disability, once selected for interview you may contact [email protected]
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top