Artwork Technical Master
Significant experience with production artwork / graphic artwork creation / print environment
Graduate degree or equivalent vocational qualification in an associated artwork / graphic design / print / business discipline
GSK is a science-led, global healthcare company that produces innovative medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products.
Our global teams are responsible for making and shipping the products that help people do more, feel better, live longer. We have more than 27,000 people, across 86 sites in 36 countries. Together, these people help to produce 4 billion packs of medicine, nearly 900 million doses of vaccine and more than 18 billion packs of consumer healthcare products every year
The Pack Artwork Shared Service (PASS) is a function in the GSK Supply Chain, providing service management and delivery of packaging artwork for our products across Pharmaceuticals, Vaccines and Consumer Healthcare operations and is Key to the successful delivery of Packaging for the GSK CH FMCG Supply Chain, Interacting with markets and sites across the Globe to ensure accurate Forecasting, Demand and planning activity for delivery of Artwork, Drawings and Specifications.
We've got a great permanent full-time opportunity as a Technical Master to join the Pack Artwork Shared Service team based at our site in Barnard Castle.
This role presents an exciting opportunity to assume the role of subject matter expert supporting our delivery centres globally with technical leadership and guidance around supplier artwork standards, ways of working and customer artwork including associated regulatory requirements.
You will ensure all quality issues are quickly and effectively resolved whilst identifying and leading Continuous Improvement activities within the service delivery centres to ensure continual optimization of PASS processes.
- To act as a primary contact for all artwork, proofreading or industrialisation related projects and issues/improvements being progressed by the Process Support team
- To act as the representative of the RSC on the best practice for Practice for Artwork Creation, Proofreading or Industrialisation.
- To ensure all quality issues are quickly and effectively resolved
- To ensure all supplier queries on RSC created artwork are quickly and effectively resolved
- To ensure effective and consistent training of all artwork staff at the Service Delivery Centre (SDC)
- To monitor SDC individual artwork staff performance in order to capture training needs/shortcomings which require attention
- To lead Continuous Improvement activity within the SDC Artwork operator team to ensure continual optimization of PASS processes
- To act as a mentor to individual artwork operators who have been identified for future senior roles.
- To continue to maintain expertise across the full range of the SDC Pack Base
- To continue to maintain knowledge of all matters associated with their area of specialism at an up-to date level across the range of the SDC Pack Base
- Accountable for ensuring all relevant staff / resources are completing their work to the required technical standards
- Resolves technical production escalation issues from team as 1st point of contact
To be considered for this role you'll be able to demonstrate effective and clear technical leadership, coaching and guidance ideally in a Pharma or FMCG business with a good understanding of the end to end artwork supply chain.
Due to the nature of the role will have worked with multiple sites and stakeholders in a face to face and remote capacity.
Although formal qualifications are desired, a strong knowledge and significant experience gained is equally as important as you'll still play a hands on role in the day to activities associated with as busy service delivery centre.
At GSK we provide a supportive working environment, and a range of development challenges and opportunities. We also offer competitive benefits and compensation packages designed to attract and to retain the very best. GSK is proud to promote an open culture, encouraging people to be themselves and giving their ideas a chance to flourish. GSK is an equal opportunity employer.
Please apply via our online application system before 22nd August 2017
Help us knowing more about you by using the 'cover letter' of the on-line application to clearly describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above. The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top