Area Sales Manager for Negros Island
– Successful completion of university level education
– At least 10 years relevant experience in managing FMCG/FMCH sales
– Must have a successful track record in general trade management in a consumer setting or similar company
– Analytical and fact/data-based in decision making
– Planning, execution and evaluation of trade activities
– Effective communication, presentation and business planning skills
– Strong leadership skills to effectively manage GSK and distributor sales force and third party agencies
– Good in budget/resource management
– Sales forecasting expert
– Good financial understanding of P&L, BS
– Strong sense of urgency and accountability
– Problem solving and can-do attitude
– Strong influencing skills
– Post graduate degree in business related courses
– Knowledgeable in basic sales call procedures as well as field coaching and mentoring
To direct and lead GSK National General Trade sales team to be the best in class Go-to-market organization. To ensure flawless execution of the NGT strategies in order to achieve goals and objectives in terms of sales achievement, brand distribution and overall effective GT business management.
– Leads and provides strategic direction to the distributor team to ensure achievement of targeted sales volumes and distribution targets ensuring long-term distributor success
– Sets vision for Sales Team in terms of sales strategy
– Sets sales target in alignment to company objectives
– Manages general trade team in the preparation and execution of annual business plans / promotion plan / sales forecast / and customer information
– Highlights key achievements of GT team and recognizes key performers
– Leads bottoms-up forecast for GT Channel, embeds CCC process, and actively participate in DRM process
– Motivates and develops the team through individualized training programme, skill development, on the job coaching, reward management, and differentiated development plan in liaison with Commercial Excellence manager
– Develops trade management capabilities via people development and fostering of distributor knowledge
– Analyses, monitors and develops strategies to enhance distribution reach
– Ensures attainment of revenue and distribution targets
– Develops execution standards for distributor strategies in alignment to category and brand goals.
– Develops internal and external sales force incentive scheme
– Develops the business plan framework for engaging customers and PDs
– Identifies and manages optimum implementation of route to market strategies in line with plans discussed with the GM
– Develops engagement framework with customers
– Sets guidelines for PD evaluation and screening
– Develops General Trade standards and translates sales insights into policies or processes
– Monitors and guides the team in efficient Financial Management – credit index, managing debtors, credit evaluation of customers and collection
– Manages gross-to-net spending and ensures cost is within budget
– Facilitates compliance to Corporate guidelines on Sales Systems and processes through active communication and control mechanisms
– Fully supports the implementation of the Annual Quality Plan as it relates to the responsibilities of the members of the Sales Department. Takes personal responsibility for knowing and understanding the QMS Policies relevant to his/her role. Strictly adheres to the defined QMS Policies. Observes Ways of Working consistent with the Company's Quality Management System (QMS). Attends all relevant QMS Trainings.
– Interfaces with Marketing Team to translate the Category plans into win-win customer strategies
– Liaises with Philippine Leadership Team to provide inputs for developing channel strategies and cascades this to the sales execution Team
– Works with other PLT Functional teams to create plans for General Trade
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top