APAC Statutory and Tax Service Manager
We are looking for a delivery manager to manage the delivery of the Tax & Stats (T&S) Service for APAC. This is a relatively new organisation within Global Tax and will be reporting to the Statutory Compliance Regional Lead.
You will be actively monitoring Service Delivery of the service provider located in KL (reporting and Support model), working with a team of process improvement experts to drive continuous improvement and troubleshooting issues faced by the Service Provider while keeping regional lead abreast of potential challenges & proposed recommendations.
• Should be a self-starter with limited or no supervision and result oriented
• Should be able to work independently with various BPOs, i.e. KPMG/PWC consultants
• Ensure Vendor adopts standard practices and consistency in service delivery across the region through GSK policies, tools and processes
• Accountable for managing the key deliverables only (no operational activities to be done)
• Accountable for day to day operations including tax compliance processess, statutory reporting and transfer pricing and drive performance based on set KPIs and agreed SLAs
• Ensuring customer issues are identified and promptly resolved and proactively identifying any issues or risks to the service
• Ensure audit timelines and tax filing calendars are signed off by internal stakeholders as well as respective BPOs for markets supported
• Manage escalations arising from periodical (monthly, quarterly, annual) filings of Withholding, GST, and Corporate Income Tax Returns from stakeholders
• Manage escalations or provide support to other finance member in any tax conflict with stakeholder (i.e. BSC Finance team, Finance Directors, vendor, distributor, etc)
• Continuously look at areas for improvement with BPOs, Global Tax and Finance Directors to increase efficiency, drive performance and deliver with high quality
• Ensuring robust risk management of internal controls and regulatory compliance are met through applicable policies, procedures and processes performed by Vendor
• Execute risk mitigation and implementation actions as requested
• Support the GSK's Stats and Tax strategy at regional level as required (Global Process Owner and Regional Lead)
• Support manager's administrations activities -extract data for reporting, manage joiners/leavers etc
• To have an understanding of:
o WHT/GST process and compliance procedures and controls
o Corporate Income Tax Return process
o Transfer Pricing
• Perform other duties as assigned or requested
You are a passionate APAC Statutory and Tax Service Manager with the following attributes:
• Degree holder
• Demonstrable critical thinking capability and continuous improvement mindset
• Proven ability to identify and resolve problems
• Excellent communication skills and ability to interact with and influence customers remotely
• Ability to work in culturally diverse teams and reconcile cultural differences to successfully deliver services
• Ability to communicate at all levels and manage multiple stakeholders
• Ability to independently manage issues and escalations with minimal supervision
• Aptitude to adapt to new technologies
• Accounting qualification or demonstrable experience
• Experience of Tax accounting and/or Transfer Pricing in a manufacturing & distribution business
• Statutory/Tax Compliance with tax audit experience preferable
• FMCG / Pharmaceutical industry experience preferred
• 4-5 years of direct/indirect taxation experience with exposure in the commercial line
What We Can Offer You
GSK's dedication to the wellbeing of our employees is reflected in the benefits we offer; including healthcare for yourself and dependents, performance related bonus, long term incentives and a host of other flexible offerings you can tailor to your own preferences. We also offer a range of employee health and wellbeing programs including our truly unique Partnership for Prevention program, a global commitment by GSK to provide all employees with up to 40 preventative healthcare services bringing to life our mission to: do more, feel better and live longer.
At GSK we value diversity and treat all candidates equally. We aim to create an inclusive workplace where all employees feel engaged, supportive of one another, and know their work makes an important contribution.
If you would like to join us in innovating and inspiring changes in the industry, we urge you to apply.
GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) is a science-led global healthcare company with a special purpose: to help people do more, feel better, live longer. We have three global businesses that research, develop and manufacture innovative pharmaceutical medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products. Our goal is to be one of the world's most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies.
We are proud of the difference we make. GSK has ranked 1st in the Access to Medicines Index all five times since its launch in 2008 and FORTUNE Magazine ranked us #1 on its 'Change the World list' which recognises companies that have made significant progress in sustainable, scalable approaches to addressing societal problems as part of their company strategy.
GSK has been present in Asia for over 50 years and our commitment to the region is strengthened by the establishment of our purpose-built headquarters for Asia. Situated in Singapore, GSK Asia House is a further step in our long-standing strategy to grow and diversify our company - emphasizing the globally balanced business we have built over the years. To better support Asia, we focus on developing talent to improve our ability to make the right decisions for healthcare professionals, patients and consumers across the region.
There are many other roles available within GSK, including in finance, human resources, legal, IT, procurement, communications and core business services.
They provide the partnership, strategic counsel and support services the business units need to operate efficiently and effectively. This enables them to focus on developing, manufacturing and delivering medicines, vaccines and products to the patients and consumers who need them.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top