Analytics Tech Lead
This role is accountable for the implementation, technical performance and use of core technologies to ensure the application(s) within a specified domain meet the needs of the business. The role demands in-depth knowledge of the key technologies that enable the effective use of the applications by the business users. The role holder will work closely with the Service Owner (IT Asset Owner) as well as the Delivery Lead/SCRUM master to advise on and support the management and implementation of applications.
Your Key Responsibilities Are -
• Maintaining design authority (in association with architects) for all new and existing applications in the domain.
• Providing leadership, technical direction and GSK expertise to project and support teams composed of GSK FTEs, outsourced resources from strategic partners and software vendors.
• Anticipating, understanding, troubleshooting and fixing problems using technical expertise and problem solving skills to restore service, identify root cause and remediate
• Ensuring the technical delivery of any new application is fully compliant with GSK IT and Regulatory standards, leveraging the full capabilities of the software to meet the business needs.
• Maintaining deep understanding of the key technologies (Analytics: Azure (including Data Lake, Data Factory, ML), Power BI, Qlik, R) to enable effective impact assessments of any proposed changes or design choices
• Maintaining familiarity with architectural standards and vision, technical landscape, validation requirements, central service request processes, GSK policies, and other aspects of GSK environment.
• Supporting Scrum Master and delivery team to design, develop and transition new applications into production, fostering and maintaining close links with Platforms colleagues
• Proactively supporting IT Asset Owner (Service Specialist) to develop and deliver continuous improvement of applications portfolio to enhance user productivity, increase system reliability and reduce the total cost of ownership
• Keeping relevant technical documentation up to date (as agreed with IT Asset Owner) in support of the lifecycle plan and for audits/reviews.
• Performing POCs on Technical Experiments to prove out new design concepts.
• IT with science background preferred
• Leadership in matrix and line management
• Azure Data Platform Certification
• Broad knowledge of pharmaceutical industry, specifically Supply Chain and Manufacturing
• Proven experience with project architecture processes, practises and guidelines
• Proven ability to develop and lead high performing teams, in a matrix environment
• Flexibility and independent motivation to simultaneously lead multiple projects dependent on a variety of technical stacks
• Extensive experience in management of outsourced resources
• Extensive experience in strategic IT vendor relationship management
• Excellent communication, negotiation, influencing and stakeholder management skills
• Track record of development and delivery of flexible, scalable and supportable IT systems
• Demonstrated skill in delivering solutions that integrate commercial of-the-shelf products
• Strong knowledge of industry standards and technology platforms aligned to GSK roadmaps
Application End Date - 17th Sep 2018
GlaxoSmithKline is a science-led global healthcare company that researches and develops a broad range of innovative medicines and brands. We discover, make and market life-enhancing products that are used by millions of people around the world, helping them to do more, feel better and live longer.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Back to top