Analytical Chemist / Scientist
- Minimum of Bachelor of Sciences Degree with typically 3 years of industrial experience or Technical Diploma with typically 6 years of experience in Analytical Sciences
- Expertise in operating a wide range of analytical lab equipment, particularly HPLC
- Knowledge of scientific and desktop computer applications
- Knowledge of GMP and MSDS
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Highly organized and able to work to strict time lines
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Team player with strong collaborative skills
- Good problem solving skills
- Experience in method development, stability studies and method validation are definite assets
- Experience with controlled release solid dose products is an asset
- 3 POSITIONS AVAILABLE *
12 to 18 month contract
- To participate in research, develop, validate and transfer analytical methods for various dosage forms, utilizing their substantial experience and expertise in pharmaceutical analysis in compliance with current regulatory standards.
- Designs and executes new methods and protocols related to method development, validation and transfer to the agreed timelines.
- Uses scientific expertise to solve project-related problems of self or colleagues.
- Initiates new research directions and novel strategies to achieve project goals. Collaborates with other teams/divisions within GMS.
- Conducts investigations and provide technical expertise in support of deviations and product investigations.
- Maintains cleanliness in own work area and in communal work areas including routine lab duties.
- Anticipates/recognizes potential problems with equipment and/or supplies, and initiates action to solve or prevent problems.
- Proactively ensures high quality standards are employed in the work of the team and that issues are raised and resolved. Works to GMP.
- Follows safe Laboratory Practices, is fully aware of safety requirements for his/her laboratory; attends regular safety training and maintains accurate and complete safety records consistent with company policy and legal requirements. Recognizes potential safety problems and takes action to rectify them.
GSK is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals. GSK is committed to accommodating persons with disabilities. If you need accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information on our accommodation policies, please contact us at [email protected]
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top