Bachelors in Sciences or 2yrs experience in a fast paced QC testing environment
- Science degree in applicable scientific discipline, or equivalent on-the-job experience.
- Working laboratory experience, preferably with FMCG experience.
- Working knowledge of GSK Quality standards, GLP and GMP requirements.
- Working knowledge of validations, calibration systems, and instrumentation.
- Working knowledge of applicable GSK policies and procedures.
- Problem solving/continuous improvement skills.
- Developed skills in coaching, interpersonal communications, team building and training facilitation.
- High level of computer literacy.
- Ability to interact with all levels of the organization.
- Experience in writing, reviewing and revising SOPs.
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS).
- Ability to work and succeed in a team based environment.
- Flexibility to work extended hours (including weekends) to achieve results as needed.
Support Quality Control Organization by analyzing raw materials, intermediate batches, packaging and finished products as required.
1) Support Operations by analyzing raw materials, intermediate batches, packaging and finished products as required.
2) Responsible for trouble shooting and investigating out of specification results. Perform analytical testing on all incoming Raw Materials as per our reduced testing program as well as an annual full testing using USP/NF, FCC, Pharmacopoeia and GSK methodology.
3) Responsible for the disposition of raw materials, intermediate, batches, and finished products in a timely manner.
4) Data entry of test results.
5) Investigate out of specification results.
6) Support method and/or product transfer and NPI activity as necessary.
7) Preparation, documentation and maintenance of test solutions and standards. Maintain, calibrate, and validate laboratory equipment.
8) Ensures that GMP, Quality, Health & Safety are considered in all aspects of role.
9) Perform other duties as directed by QC Specialist or QC manager.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top