Advanced Analytics Managers
Are you an experienced analyst looking for a career with purpose? Can you use a variety of analytical techniques and use data to influence decision making? Are you ready to help people do more, feel better and live longer?
We have a great opportunity for two Advanced Analytics Managers to join our team in Stockley Park! Reporting into the Commercial Analytics Lead, you will provide analytical consultancy to enhance the performance of the GSK UK Pharma sales and marketing organisation through delivering impactful analytical insights and recommendations. You will use and develop your statistical and analytical skills, along with your commercial acumen, to ensure UK Pharma is making optimal decisions based on a mix of rigorous analysis and directional insight. The types of analysis you may undertake include predictive modelling, impact and ROI analyses, time-series forecasting, A/B testing, segmentation and targeting of customers, marketing mix modelling, sales force optimisation and territory design.
• Extract, collate and organise data from a range of systems for analysis
• Use a range of advanced analytical techniques to gain insight into our data
• Influence the decisions taken by commercial managers through robust and well interpreted analytics
• Proactively identify opportunities where analytical insight may improve company performance
• Continually learn new analytical skills, techniques and tools to maximise competitive advantage
• Foster strong relationships with internal customers, directorate peers and offshore analytical colleagues
We are passionate about what we do and have created an environment where everyone feels valued, is able to develop, contribute to our mission and be proud of what we achieve. We want people who share our values and believe in our mission. Our investment in training, development and learning opportunities will empower you to be the best you can be, and we'll make sure you have a stimulating and wide-ranging role that will enable you develop your expertise as you create value for us.
Competitive salary + benefits.
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE - 7th January 2019
Please take a copy of the Job Description, as this will not be available post closure of the advert.
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the online application or your CV to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above. The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
• Undergraduate degree (2:1 or above)/Masters/PhD in a quantitative field such as maths, statistics, physics, chemistry, operational research, computer science, economics, etc. (or equivalent)
• Strong data management skills using SQL
• Practical experience in statistical analysis using SAS, R, Python, etc.
• Experience in applying machine learning, predictive analytics, and classification techniques to address real business problems
• Ability to translate outputs of data analyses into commercial knowledge and understanding, and use that to make actionable recommendations
• Experience within a commercially focused analytics environment
• Ability to rapidly gain understanding and credibility across a range of diverse pharmaceutical brand and therapy areas
• Excellent English verbal and written communication skills; able to clearly present detailed analyses to non-analytical audiences
• Creative problem-solving skills, attention to detail, and a commitment to producing work of the highest quality
• Self-motivated and capable of working independently
• Experience working in the pharma industry
• Experience of spatial analysis using a geographic information system (GIS)
• Experience of project management (e.g. Lean Six Sigma)
GSK is a science-led global healthcare company with a mission: we want to help people to do more, feel better, live longer. We research and develop a broad range of innovative products in three primary areas of Pharmaceuticals, Vaccines and Consumer Healthcare. We have a significant global presence with commercial operations in more than 150 countries, a network of 89 manufacturing sites and large R&D centres in the UK, USA, Belgium and China.
To find out more about Working at GSK, click here.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Back to top