- Minimum experience: 4 years of administrative support experience as well as a baseline understanding of internet navigation and all Microsoft office applications
- High School education or equivalent (GED)
- Knowledge generally acquired with a minimum of 5 years of administrative support experience of increasing variety and/or complexity.
- Knowledge of supporting remote teams
The US Medical Affairs/NAMA Administrative Assistant is expected to encounter medium-level problems to be solved, such as how to handle schedule conflicts; suggest travel options that accommodate the proposed traveler's trip requirements as closely as possible while adhering to the most current GSK Travel policies and commercial travel offerings; selecting meeting dates/times when proposed invitees appear to have little common available time; find a way to accomplish a task or obtain information when the source is difficult to locate.
The role requires excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. The US Medical Affairs/NAMA Administrative Assistant will interact across all levels of the organization and should use discretion when working with sensitive/confidential information. Depending on the roles of the person or people being assisted, the individual may also deal with people external to GSK, such as for scheduling meetings or obtaining information. The individual is expected to seek assistance from other administrative colleagues as workload dictates and possess the ability to manage expectations of the organization in a courteous and tactful manner. The Administrative Assistant is recognized as an information resource within the department and by others. The role requires interaction with all levels – this may involve persons at high levels both internal and external to the company on matters requiring explanation, discussion and tactfulness.
The job purpose is to provide essential administrative support within US Medical Affairs in a manner that exhibits excellent organizational and prioritization skills for an environment with constant change and a broad scope of "customer" requests and needs while exercising discretion when working with sensitive/confidential information.
- Manage diverse, routine and ad hoc administrative activities within US Medical Affairs/NAMA.
- Draft and type memoranda, correspondence and generate reports.
- Coordinate travel arrangements while adhering to GSK Corporate Travel Policy by booking travel to ensure a cost savings to GSK. Manage Calendars.
- Prepare and submit accurate expense reports as required.
- Completion of all mandatory MyLearning modules before the due date.
- Manage special projects as agreed.
- Work across US Medical Affairs to ensure deliverables for the organization are accomplished.
- Scheduling of meetings (i.e. rooms, catering, A/V and any technology as required).
- Pre-planning of all logistics for internal and external meetings confirming that meeting supplies and necessary arrangements are in place before the meeting
- Effectively collaborate with the administrative team by positively impacting and contributing to the success of the team on an ongoing basis
- Provided admin support for other Admin CoE team members as backup and assisting in crunch times.
- Maintain a high level of proficiency in a variety of databases, software and internal systems to be recognized as an information resource for internal and external stakeholders.
- Ordering of necessary supplies as per each sites policy.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top