Account Manager - Medical Sales Rep
GlaxoSmithKline is looking for an Account Manager - Medical Sales Rep.
- Bachelors degree with strong academic performance; preference for a degree in Science
- Minimum 2 years of work experience; preference for sales or industry related experience; candidates will be remunerated based on years of experience.
For this position, driving license and access to a personal vehicle (owned or leased) is essential, as mobility within Singapore is required. Travel allowance will be provided.
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Goal driven and team oriented
- Science acumen to understand the science behind our products
- Ability to multitask
- Be patient focused and have integrity and professionalism, and demonstrated ethical behaviour
- Possess a pleasant and resilient personality with a sense of urgency.
- Able to do production presentation and/or facilitate discussion with a group of medical
discussion with a group of medical
- Demonstrate the ability to manage relationships with Healthcare Professionals, key
institutions, professional associations, decision makers and other key stakeholders
- Able to handle numerous brands and tight timelines in work delivery.
- Able to work independently with multiple departments to perform job responsibilities.
- Possess strong business / commercial sense.
- Possess good interpersonal skills as it involves intense interactions within sales team and other
stakeholders from other functions such as brand and finance.
- Knowledge of regulations governing disease awareness activities.
We are a science-led global healthcare company with a mission: we want to help people to do more, feel better, live longer. The medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products we research and develop can improve people’s health and well-being, ultimately helping them to live life to the fullest and contribute to the prosperity of the community.
GSK was the first pharmaceutical company to set up manufacturing operations in Singapore, growing to be one GSK’s largest manufacturing centres outside of the UK and has been integral to Singapore’s healthcare sector for over 40 years. To-date, we have invested almost SG$1.5 billion and have around 1,800 employees in Singapore and is home to our Global Headquarters for Asia, which oversees our Pharmaceutical and Consumer Healthcare operations across the Asia Pacific.
We are currently looking for a Account Manager/Medical Sales Rep to join the team in our Gateway office.
Responsible for the sales and customer services to promote and support the organisation’s products.
- To make sales calls to healthcare professionals
- To do Patient Focused Selling and conduct product talks
- To arrange and conduct product presentations
- To provide sales support services
- To attend to duties at product talk conferences
- To take sales orders from customers
- To build GSK’s new products Franchise in the medical institutions located in any
officially assigned territory within Singapore.
- To effectively be able to discuss patient profiles and incorporate patient focused selling
approaches to day-to-day selling activities.
- Maintain high level of customer service directly and through distributor to all Health
- Identify and resolve customer queries and problems immediately.
- Maintain good relationships with Health Care Professionals in Singapore.
- Territory Management
- To plan and organize monthly / daily schedule to achieve coverage of the stipulated
calls by channel of business.
- Continuously identify and profile key target customers and prioritize accordingly.
- Regularly carry out promotional activities in line with company’s marketing efforts.
- Identify business opportunities within territory and be able to execute and follow up
on progress and outcome.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Back to top