2DR Brand Manager
- University Degree or equivalent qualification/experience
- Significant commercial pharmaceutical industry experience
- Strong communication skills across a matrix organisation
- Demonstrated excellence in implementation
- Deliverable-oriented, comfortable with demanding deadlines and rapidly changing situations
- Entrepreneurial spirit and a capacity to find creative solutions to unexpected hurdles
- Strong customer focus with an ability to develop and leverage customer and patient insights
- Strong analytical mindset that can interpret data, insight into meaning full strategies and tactics that support competitive advantage
- Ability to get results by relationship building, influencing and motivating key partners
- High degree of self-direction and pro-activity
- Product Launch experience
- Understanding of HIV or NHS /UK market environment
- Experience with managing third parties
ViiV Healthcare is an independent, global specialist HIV company dedicated to delivering innovative new options for the care and treatment of people living with HIV/AIDS. HIV presents a serious global challenge. At ViiV Healthcare we are using our commitment, expertise and passion to help meet this challenge by dedicating ourselves to delivering advances in treatment and care for people living with HIV.
To visit the ViiV Healthcare website, click here.
2DR BRAND MANAGER
ViiV Healthcare is at an exciting time, with significant growth driven by launches of dolutegravir-based regimens over these past few years. Our promising pipeline includes two innovative dolutegravir-based products that represent the start of a paradigm shift in how HIV is treated today, enabling patients to take only two HIV medicines (2 drug regimens, '2DR') instead of the current norm of 3-4 HIV medicines. As the current standard of care has been hugely successful in saving lives and making HIV a chronic condition, some physicians currently have reservations about embracing this new approach. A key challenge will be to ensure that UK physicians embrace this new treatment paradigm.
The 2DR launches will have some clear differences to prior HIV launches. They will need disruptive tactics to help us stand out as the new category, initiatives that spark thousands of HCP peer-to-peer conversations and empowerment of more HIV patients to optimise their therapy. An emphasis of 2DR launches will be on less content that is richer with more story-telling.
We are now looking for a driven and dynamic marketeer with lots of initiative to be a part of ViiV Healthcare's mission to deliver innovation to patients.
The role will provide the successful candidate with the opportunity to lead the implementation of key strategic initiatives, with particular focus on patient & HCP initiatives that support appropriate HIV treatment changes and drive the implementation plan with associated KPIs.
Candidates should be adept in leading and influencing teams, working collaboratively across a matrix organisation across local, regional and global levels. Our ideal candidate should be excited by the prospect of driving challenger brands to mainstream commercial success and will be jointly responsible for leading the cross-functional team across marketing, sales, medical & market access. The role will also require development of key customer relationships across a range of customer groups.
Implement marketing strategy
- Understand and help shape the market & environment and drive strategy & tactics to ensure positive local market access for the key brand, developing solutions which best meet customer needs
- Support 2DR marketing lead in developing cross functional launch plans and lead development of the implementation plans for 2DR launches.
- Ensure strong performance tracking/monitoring and respond to environmental and competitor changes
- Maintain compliance in development and delivery of all solutions
Develop and implement promotional materials and educational programmes
- Collaborate and work closely with cross-functional team to develop tailored materials appropriate to the needs of the market
- Effective 3rd party liaison management to ensure timelines adhered to with focus on ROI measurement
- Cross-functional working to drive patient and HCPs initiatives to support appropriate review of HIV treatment and consideration to drive treatment change
- Work with Digital marketing partner to develop and execute 2DR multi-channel strategy
- Close management of expenditure budget
Conference strategy and external engagement plan
- Drive implementation the promotional strategy for conferences, including development of an impactful 2018 conference strategy, which will include the first 2DR launch presence in April 2018.
- Oversee HIV conference sponsorship requests and ensure adherence to policy and strategy in relation to which to requested are taken forwards.
- Responsibility for Internal Communications (for example World AIDS Day) to raise awareness of ViiV/new HIV product launches within GSK sites
- Act as the UK lead on the Global VOICE network meetings and drive implementation of critical initiatives within the UK business.
- Support development of KOL engagement plans and build and maintain relationships with key external stakeholders
- Drive customer engagement strategies throughout marketing plans, combining multiple channels and utilizing innovative digital channels where applicable
- Oversee focus groups, advisory boards and carry out market research to ensure ongoing and robust customer insight.
- Provide guidance and strategic direction for field team in creating launch account plans
We firmly believe that 'good enough' is never enough. Our entrepreneurial attitude encourages us to be nimble and agile, so we can best respond to the rapidly evolving epidemic. Everyone at ViiV Healthcare feels strongly connected to HIV and understands how their individual contributions make a difference.
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE – 27th August 2017
Please take a copy of the Job Description, as this will not be available post closure of the advert.
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the online application or your CV to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above. The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top