Strategic Account Manager, New England
Glaukos is an ophthalmic medical technology company focused on the development and commercialization of breakthrough products and procedures designed to transform the treatment of glaucoma, one of the world's leading causes of blindness. We have pioneered Micro-Invasive Glaucoma Surgery, or MIGS, to revolutionize the traditional glaucoma treatment and management paradigm. We launched the iStent, our first MIGS device, in the United States in July 2012 and we are leveraging our platform technology to build a comprehensive and proprietary portfolio of micro-scale injectable therapies designed to address the complete range of glaucoma disease states and progression. We believe the iStent is the smallest medical device ever approved by the Food and Drug Administration, or FDA, measuring 1.0 mm long and 0.33 mm wide.
The Strategic Account Manager, New England (SAM) is responsible for training, Educating and helping to integrate iStent technology into their assigned accounts. The SAM will attend surgeries and assist surgeons/Residents in order to achieve the desired surgical outcomes for the patient. The SAM will achieve these standards by focusing on Wet labs, Surgical proctoring, product education and technology knowledge while managing their assigned accounts for the best return on investment.
- Attend the initial iStent surgeries until the surgeon and residents are confident and skilled to perform the procedure.
- Develop a best in class wet lab training and execute at target institutions.
- Attend surgeries as needed to update on new techniques to improve surgical outcomes.
- Educate 2nd and 3rd year residents on MIGS technology, the Glaucoma market and changing therapy paradigm. Train clinic staff and the doctor to recognize and convert patients to iStent technology using the Glaukos Practice System (GPS).
- Work with the surgeon and staff to educate and assist in getting proper reimbursement for the Glaukos iStent.
- Conduct training and education meetings with residents, clinic staff, Attending surgeons and program heads to advance iStent technology and future opportunity
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience. Concentration in Business or Marketing preferred.
- 8 Years of medical sales experience (surgical Ophthalmic experience preferred).
- 4+years of ophthalmic pharmaceutical experience highly desired
- The preferred candidate would have both ophthalmic surgical and pharmaceutical experience
- Experience working in Ophthalmic teaching environments with residents preferred
- Experience developing and expanding new technology and market opportunities
- Ability to building relationships and interact with all levels internally and at the customer level.
- Proven ability to build and retain customer base.
- Experience with tracking software - CRM.
- Ability to work within a within budget.
- Ability to comply with procedures and processes
- Proven experience meeting and exceeding assigned goals.
We offer competitive salary (based on experience), bonus eligibility, medical/dental/vision, life insurance, stock options, 401(k) Employer Match, 3 weeks paid time off, 13 company paid holidays, Employee Stock Purchase Program and 2 additional paid days off to volunteer in our community, plus the opportunity to work for a company that is pioneering a new glaucoma treatment class. Be sure to check out our profile on The Muse to get an inside look at our company culture: https://www.themuse.com/companies/glaukoscorporation
Glaukos Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/E-Verify employer.
Meet Some of Glaukos Corporation's Employees
R&D Project Engineer
Kristine oversees the iterative design process at Glaukos, making sure that new products meet regulatory and quality assurance standards, implementing improvements to existing product lines.
Back to top