Principal Electrical Engineer
- San Clemente, CA
How will you make an impact?
The Principal Electrical Engineer, based in San Clemente, California will be responsible for leading and supporting engineering activities for electronic devices development and V&V activities. The engineer will take an active role in the research & development of products by designing and testing prototypes, designing, and performing experiments, optimizing prototypes for production, and all V&V related activities, including overseeing testing to applicable standards. Lead design and development of RF devices. Ability to communicate results to the team and being a team player are essential.
What will you do?
• Design and develop PCBs, prototypes, and test setups with minimal supervision.
• Design and optimization of RF systems for efficiency, EMI, and reduced heat.
• Lead the design for complete prototype and commercial devices.
• Fabrication and modification of prototypes and testing to meet performance specifications.
• Design and construct test fixtures.
• Populate and modify PCB prototypes using soldering irons and microscopes.
• Responsible for testing to 60601-X standards as well as others.
• Effectively communicate findings to team, including generation of reports on performance and recommendations for optimization.
• Communicate mechanical design requirements to other team members.
• Work effectively in a team environment.
• May lead certain projects/project phases and/or participate as team member on others.
How will you get here?
• BS in Electrical Engineering or equivalent required; Advanced Degree strongly preferred.
• Use of electronic measurement equipment including spectrum analyzers, network analyzers, oscilloscopes, function generators, power meters, DC supplies and multi-meters.
• Soldering to populate PCBs, including small surface mount components (0201 and smaller).
• Test setup/measurement experience (working in a lab setting, performing experiments).
• Reading of circuit diagrams at the component level.
• Programming: ability to program a microcontroller in C or similar language is a plus.
• Programming/scripting: control of experimental setup using Labview is a plus.
• Basic mechanical aptitude including use of power hand tools (drill, etc.).
• Cross-functional design coordination with mechanical engineers.
• Excellent documentation and communication skills.
• Experience with microfabrication, sensors, and control systems, is desired.
• Product, process, and equipment design for medical devices.
• Project Leadership: Preferred to have project leadership/management experience and capability.
• Strong Technical Writing, Presentation, and Communication Skills.
Glaukos Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Founded in 1998, Glaukos Corporation is an ophthalmic medical technology and pharmaceutical company focused on novel therapies for the treatment of glaucoma, corneal disorders, and retinal diseases.
Our company was the first company to bring to market Micro-Invasive Glaucoma Surgery (MIGS), the micro-invasive procedure which revolutionized the treatment and management of glaucoma. In 2012, we launched our first MIGS device-the iStent®-in the United States, followed by our next-generation iStent inject® device in September 2018.
In November 2019, Glaukos acquired Avedro, maker of the first and only FDA-approved cross-linking technology for progressive keratoconus. And we continue to seek to leverage our platform technologies to build a comprehensive and proprietary portfolio of micro-scale surgical and pharmaceutical therapies for glaucoma, corneal health, and retinal diseases.
Our company completed an initial public offering in June of 2015, and our shares are traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol “GKOS”. Our global headquarters is located in San Clemente, California with additional locations in Waltham and Burlington, Massachusetts.
Glaukos Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employmentwithout regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and genderidentity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any othercharacteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Back to top