Market Access Director, Latin America
Glaukos is an ophthalmic medical technology company focused on the development and commercialization of breakthrough products and procedures designed to transform the treatment of glaucoma, one of the world's leading causes of blindness. We have pioneered Micro-Invasive Glaucoma Surgery, or MIGS, to revolutionize the traditional glaucoma treatment and management paradigm. We launched the iStent, our first MIGS device, in the United States in July 2012 and we are leveraging our platform technology to build a comprehensive and proprietary portfolio of micro-scale injectable therapies designed to address the complete range of glaucoma disease states and progression. We believe the iStent is the smallest medical device ever approved by the Food and Drug Administration, or FDA, measuring 1.0 mm long and 0.33 mm wide.
The Market Access Director, Latin America will develop and oversee all market entry strategies for Glaukos portfolio products in Latin America region (primary focus in Brazil, Argentina, Mexico, & Colombia) including the development of payment pathways with national, regional, and/or local payers. The Market Access Director, Latin America is responsible for regional/local evidence development and modeling in conjunction with health economics team to support local reimbursement applications and future Health Technology Assessments. This role manages the Health Technology Assessment process in Latin America region and ensures clinical and economic evidence supports effective HTA process and is responsible for all government affairs activities in Latin America region including developing relations with government payers to ensure optimized coding, coverage, and payment of Glaukos portfolio technology. Member of global market access and health economics senior leadership team.
Develop and implement a focused local market access plan based on government and commercial payer mix
- Provides strategic direction on market access pathways for portfolio products; including assessments of potential new markets and technologies in Latin America region
- Responsible for execution of regional reimbursement fillings and health technology assessment responses
- Responsible for strategic vision and tactical implementation of reimbursement strategies
- Responsible for developing relationships with government payers, medical device societies, and patient advocacy groups to ensure patient access to our technology platform in Latin America region
- Leads clinical and economic evidence development for assigned region in collaboration with global health economics including but not limited to pharmacoeconomic models, economic studies, cost effectiveness models, and budget impact models.
- Synthesizes input from Medical Affairs, Health Economic & Outcomes Research, Market Access, Market Research, etc., as appropriate to identify & analyze trends and/or changes which will influence Market Access now & in the future. Determine implications for Glaukos. Build & maintain a solid command on external trends through product case studies, advisory boards, conferences, relationships, & competitive intelligence.
Provide informational programs and collateral support materials to Glaukos customers to optimize product reimbursement
- Deliver presentations to payers to establish and/or improve reimbursement coverage policies, coding and payment assignments utilizing available resources
- Health Economics
- Comparative Effectiveness Data
- Key Opinion Leader Physicians
- Works with regional and country professional societies as well as government agencies to ensure patient access.
- Works with internal reimbursement team, and external reimbursement consultants as appropriate, to develop tools for customers focused on creating access for patients, through accurate and current coding information.
- Works with new and existing accounts to identify and coordinate education needs.
- Evaluates incoming requests from the field and ensures each request is properly evaluated for feasibility, technical risk, cost and time constraints, compliance and other relevant considerations.
- Promotes reimbursement support and represents the company to external customers by writing, phoning, visiting, hosting and participating in events.
- Remains aware of changing reimbursement environment by interacting with field contacts, attending professional seminars/conferences and reading industry journals and web news. Evaluates levels of customer support and improves them.
10+ yrs. of medical device marketing, market access and/or management experience is required preferably within ophthalmic surgical or pharmaceutical areas. Candidate must have had prior global market access experience and has a demonstrating track record of obtaining medical device reimbursement around the world and has successfully managed health technology assessments. Candidate should also have experience in a business development, strategy, and/or corporate development role within a medical device or pharmaceutical company. Experience managing people within marketing, market access, and/or business development function with a global scope and a track record for success. International experience is strongly preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to speak to all levels of the organization
- Solid industry working knowledge with existing KOLs, thought leaders, medical societies, lobbying organizations, payers, and HTA relationships. Ability to develop and build relationships with all constituents quickly, both internally and externally, to drive results.
- Cross functional knowledge and strong interpersonal skills within a team environment to influence others toward business results including Finance, RA/QA, Sales/Marketing, Ops, International Management, Medical Affairs, Clinical Affairs, Business Development, Product Development, Clinical Training, and Human Relations & Administration
We offer competitive salary (based on experience), bonus eligibility, medical/dental/vision, life insurance, Employee Stock Purchase Program, plus the opportunity to work for a company that is pioneering a new glaucoma treatment class. Be sure to check out our profile on The Muse to get an inside look at our company culture: https://www.themuse.com/companies/glaukoscorporation
Glaukos Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/E-Verify employer.
Meet Some of Glaukos Corporation's Employees
R&D Project Engineer
Kristine oversees the iterative design process at Glaukos, making sure that new products meet regulatory and quality assurance standards, implementing improvements to existing product lines.
Back to top