Glaukos is an ophthalmic medical technology company focused on the development and commercialization of breakthrough products and procedures designed to transform the treatment of glaucoma, one of the world's leading causes of blindness. We have pioneered Micro-Invasive Glaucoma Surgery, or MIGS, to revolutionize the traditional glaucoma treatment and management paradigm. We launched the iStent, our first MIGS device, in the United States in July 2012 and we are leveraging our platform technology to build a comprehensive and proprietary portfolio of micro-scale injectable therapies designed to address the complete range of glaucoma disease states and progression. We believe the iStent is the smallest medical device ever approved by the Food and Drug Administration, or FDA, measuring 1.0 mm long and 0.33 mm wide.
The Corporate Strategy and Development team is seeking a highly motivated, detail oriented Finance Intern, based at our San Clemente, California, Headquarters. The hours for this opportunity can be flexible based on course-work.
The Finance Intern will assist the team on strategy and analysis, including supporting global plan design, assisting with strategic initiatives and assisting in the preparation and analysis of financial guidance.
- Assist with the preparation and distribution of budget to actual review files
- Assist with the design of management reporting metrics in both Excel and Power Point
- Coordinate data and support requests across various departments to help improve internal financial reporting process
- Assist with the preparation and implementation of the 2018 financial plan
- Perform analytics to assist with earnings release support
- Assist in the preparation of management presentations
- Research marketplace activity, competition and new technologies
- Coordinate business development meetings and research efforts across relevant departments
- Provide financial analysis, reporting, evaluation and support on key projects and initiatives
Knowledge, Skills and Technical Acumen:
- Junior or Senior in an accredited university majoring in business, preferably finance, accounting or economics
- Strong analytical aptitude
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent written, problem solving and organizational skills
- Motivation to work independently and with minimal supervision
- Detail-oriented and ability to work in an efficient manner to achieve high levels of performance
- Ability to receive and communicate highly confidential information
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Experience with programming, R, SQL, ideal
We offer competitive salary (based on experience), bonus eligibility, medical/dental/vision, life insurance, stock options, 401(k) Employer Match, 3 weeks paid time off, 13 company paid holidays, Employee Stock Purchase Program and 2 additional paid days off to volunteer in our community, plus the opportunity to work for a company that is pioneering a new glaucoma treatment class. Check out our profile on The Muse to get an inside look at our company culture: https://www.themuse.com/companies/glaukoscorporation
Glaukos has been recognized by the Orange County Business Journal as one of the best companies to work for in in Orange County, check out page 8 at http://www.cbjonline.com/a1ocbj/lists/List-2017-OC_Best-Places-to-Work.pdf
Meet Some of Glaukos Corporation's Employees
R&D Project Engineer
Kristine oversees the iterative design process at Glaukos, making sure that new products meet regulatory and quality assurance standards, implementing improvements to existing product lines.
Back to top