Glaukos is an ophthalmic medical technology company focused on the development and commercialization of breakthrough products and procedures designed to transform the treatment of glaucoma, one of the world's leading causes of blindness. We have pioneered Micro-Invasive Glaucoma Surgery, or MIGS, to revolutionize the traditional glaucoma treatment and management paradigm. We launched the iStent, our first MIGS device, in the United States in July 2012 and we are leveraging our platform technology to build a comprehensive and proprietary portfolio of micro-scale injectable therapies designed to address the complete range of glaucoma disease states and progression. We believe the iStent is the smallest medical device ever approved by the Food and Drug Administration, or FDA, measuring 1.0 mm long and 0.33 mm wide.
The Chemist position is expected to readily and appropriately transition between the requirements of GMP and R&D while supporting Operations through manufacturing improvements, executing chemistry-related tests for Quality Assurance, and conducting research and development of glaucoma devices and inserters.
- Receiving Inspection and material retest execution; controlled document updates as appropriate
- Develop and implement process updates for higher throughput and operator safety
Manufacturing/Research and Development:
- Assist in manufacturing of subassemblies and transfer of processes to Operations/Engineering
- Improve coating through research and development
Manufacturing /Research and development support – other:
- Various project support in manufacturing or research and development
- BS in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering
- Minimum of 3 years manufacturing experience of commercial product in GMP environment, preferably in medical device or pharmaceuticals
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ophthalmic knowledge of eye anatomy, physiology, and diseases. This may be acquired through Glaukos course training.
- Hands-on, self-motivated individual who can execute analytical methods with moderate direction.
- Working knowledge of Quality Systems and GMP methods.
We offer competitive salary (based on experience), bonus eligibility, medical/dental/vision, life insurance, stock options, 401(k) Employer Match, 3 weeks paid time off, 13 company paid holidays, Employee Stock Purchase Program and 2 additional paid days off to volunteer in our community, plus the opportunity to work for a company that is pioneering a new glaucoma treatment class. Check out our profile on The Muse to get an inside look at our company culture: https://www.themuse.com/companies/glaukoscorporation
Glaukos has been recognized by the Orange County Business Journal as one of the best companies to work for in in Orange County, check out page 8 at http://www.cbjonline.com/a1ocbj/lists/List-2017-OC_Best-Places-to-Work.pdf
Glaukos Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/E-Verify employer.
Meet Some of Glaukos Corporation's Employees
R&D Project Engineer
Kristine oversees the iterative design process at Glaukos, making sure that new products meet regulatory and quality assurance standards, implementing improvements to existing product lines.
Back to top