Business System Analyst II
- San Clemente, CA
How will you make an impact?
The Business System Specialist , based in San Clemente, CA will work with the business systems group to plan, execute, and deliver the implementation of major business systems applications; to improve and upgrade environments related to operational data processing systems and databases; to advise on the adoption of new technologies; and to perform analyses and prioritization of department issues.
This position will also work as the coordinator for the Business Systems team.
What will you do?
- Work within ServiceNow to progress and escalate requests or issues needed within the company
- Monitor and improve digital workflow within the ServiceNow system
- Analyze support activities to provide statistical and visual updates to team leaders and executives
- Facilitate and coordinate between departments to help lead testing events with team leaders and record and review test scripts
- Assist the Internal Auditing Team with compliance responsibilities and risks
- Schedule and communicate Oracle environment refreshes, as determined by the company's needs
- Works with appropriate team to perform test planning and participates in the preparation of functional test cases related to future company acquisitions
- Maintain organization's Oracle SharePoint
- Assist with implementing approved changes into Oracle including roles/responsibilities and set-up/maintenance.
- Coordination and facilitation of Business Systems Department, including meeting, agendas, and follow-ups and follow-throughs
- Work with Glaukos team leaders and users to understand business operations and operational needs
- Analyze and document business systems requirements, including risks and issues, utilizing critical thinking skills for system/application work
- Participate in the creation and execution of business and technology strategy
- Design and present functional documents based on the understanding of the business' needs
- Ensure and participate in ITSM (Information Technology Service Management) best practices
- Advise, budget, and participate in the creation and execution of technology implementation
- Design and document architecture of current and future company systems
- Help plan, execute, and deliver the Agile Development instance of ServiceNow to Glaukos West and Glaukos West
- Design policy and architect the ServiceNow instance
- Manage ServiceNow software patch upgrades and provide training to team leads
- Serve as an administrator in ServiceNow to better customize the workflow to increase company productivity
- Help to complete root cause analysis and solutions to issues - particularly in GIM and or integrations
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Experience working in Oracle or various related ERP cloud systems
- Experience working in ServiceNow or other ITSM platforms
- Lead and facilitated company projects, meetings, and systems analyses
- Experience in Microsoft Office
- Project coordination and documentation within AuditBoard
- Background in business and technical analysis to define and document business and IT processes
- Ability to articulate business and technical benefits for a defined solution and finesse in facilitating buy-in at all levels
- Ability to act independently, take initiative and drive tasks and issues to resolution
- Ability to build relationships and effectively communicate up, down, and across organizations
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Those may seem like big aspirations, but here at Glaukos, we recognize the deep significance and profound meaning that comes from knowing that we can make a meaningful difference by helping improve eyesight of people worldwide. And because we're a rapidly growing company with a dynamic, fast-paced culture, individual employees here are empowered with more diverse and enriching challenges than might not be possible at a larger company, and more fulfillment in knowing every person and every task is directly tied to making a difference in the life of others.
We offer competitive salary (based on experience), bonus eligibility, medical/dental/vision, life insurance, stock options, 401(k) Employer Match, Employee Stock Purchase Program, generous paid time off & paid holidays as well as time-off to volunteer in the community, plus the opportunity to work for a company that is pioneering a new glaucoma treatment class! Check out our profile on The Muse to get an inside look at our company culture. Glaukos has been named one of the Top Workplaces by the Orange County Register for the past 3 years!
Glaukos Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Founded in 1998, Glaukos Corporation is an ophthalmic medical technology and pharmaceutical company focused on novel therapies for the treatment of glaucoma, corneal disorders, and retinal diseases.
Our company was the first company to bring to market Micro-Invasive Glaucoma Surgery (MIGS), the micro-invasive procedure which revolutionized the treatment and management of glaucoma. In 2012, we launched our first MIGS device-the iStent®-in the United States, followed by our next-generation iStent inject® device in September 2018.
In November 2019, Glaukos acquired Avedro, maker of the first and only FDA-approved cross-linking technology for progressive keratoconus. And we continue to seek to leverage our platform technologies to build a comprehensive and proprietary portfolio of micro-scale surgical and pharmaceutical therapies for glaucoma, corneal health, and retinal diseases.
Our company completed an initial public offering in June of 2015, and our shares are traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol "GKOS". Our global headquarters is located in San Clemente, California with additional locations in Waltham and Burlington, Massachusetts.
Glaukos Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employmentwithout regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and genderidentity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any othercharacteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Back to top