Per Diem Pharmacists - Altoona, Burnham, PA
Per Diem Pharmacist to cover areas in Altoona / Burham, PA. Hours will vary by week.
- Promptly, at the start of the shift, the employee will review the work schedule, check the equipment and supplies required to perform the work scheduled, comply with PPE requirements, and otherwise prepare for duties.
- The Associate enters orders, schedules work/production, supervises and trains Associates, receives/stores/stocks items, checks dates, and does all department tasks as needed.
- The Associate moves totes, opens totes, unpacks incoming supplies and puts the items on appropriate shelves.
- The Associate waits on customers, answers telephone calls makes calls to clarify prescriptions.
Task 2. The Associate fills prescriptions by counting pills, measuring liquids.
Task 3. The Associate fills prescriptions by compounding ingredients.
Task 4. The Associate moves and unloads totes putting items on appropriate shelves.
Task 5. The Associate uses a computer to document all information about prescriptions and customers.
Task 6. The Associate answers the telephone, answers questions, calls doctors to get clarification about prescriptions.
Task 7. The Associate performs record keeping functions as assigned by Department Manager.
- Must be authorized to work in the US.
- Must be able to read, write, communicate, and understand in order to complete job duties in a satisfactory manner and to comply with Company policies and safety regulations.
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Must complete the company introductory (probationary) period of 60 days.
- Must have earned a High School Diploma, or a GED.
- Must have degree in Pharmacy or PharmD.
- Must meet the ergonomic and physical requirements, as well as the physical base scores for this position.
- Must be able to use, or learn to use, the equipment and tools used to perform this job.
- Must be able to perform all job functions safely.
- Must meet the company performance standards for the job.
- Must agree to wear the proper assigned clothes and shoes approved for this job.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Must have 1 year of work experience or technical training (this is a job specific requirement).
- Must have keyboarding skills.
- Must complete the in-house forklift-training program (this is a job specific requirement).
JOB SPECIFIC QUALIFICATIONS
- Must have & maintain valid any specialty licenses, certificates, or permits required for the position.
- Must be licensed to dispense in state(s) he/she will be working.
Education (Highest Level)
Up to 1 year
Meet Some of Giant/Martin's's Employees
Nicholas manages 175 store associates, curating a company culture that prepares each of them to provide impeccable service to shoppers.
Back to top