Design and develop to support company applications, integrations, and
acts as a subject matter expert in the development of software with high code quality.
- The Software Engineer works on a wide scope of tasks including
production support, feature requests, and application integrations
while collaborating successfully with business and other IT
- Develops software elements for company applications using
defined best practices and standards.
- Creates and performs comprehensive unit tests
Documents and demonstrates solutions by developing
documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code
comments and clear code.
- Actively contributes to directing efforts of the development
teams, including internal and external team members.
software development life cycle (SDLC) standards and processes.
technical solutions to meet business needs.
Objectively reviews and recommends software products to
support integration and buy -vs build.
required with existing applications.
- Bachelor's degree required or, in lieu of degree, prior relevant work
- Minimum of 5 years' experience as a software engineer.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in modern web application
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required.
- Excellent knowledge of source code repository best practices
Demonstrated abilities in modern development languages and
platforms (IE; Ruby, Rails, node. js, Angular, etc).
- Experience working with Ruby on Rails as well as libraries like RSpec,
SideKiq, Ruby-GraphQL, and ActiveRecord.
- Experience working with RESTful and GraphQL services.
- Implementation of automated testing platforms and unit tests.
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind building a
scalable e-commerce API.
- Experience with MySQL (or similar relation databases) and familiarity
with non-relation databases such as DynamoDB.
- Experience with cloud-based architecture (AWS, Azure).
- Demonstrated ability to manage simultaneous projects required.
About the Company
Grow. Learn. Thrive. Giant Eagle is where your career can soar high. At Giant Eagle, you are so much more than an employee. You are part of the Family.
Since our founding in 1931, Giant Eagle, Inc. has evolved into one of the top 40 largest private corporations in the U. S. and one of the country's largest food retailers and distributors. With more than 37,000 Team Members and $9.7billion in revenue, we are committed to investing in people, technology, and data to elevate our customer's experience across multiple touchpoints. It helps us follow on our commitment to serving others and improving our communities.
About Giant Eagle Bangalore
The Giant Eagle GCC in Bangalore is our global capability center. Our team of more than 150 members at the GCC enables us to expand internal capabilities in the areas such as data analytics, merchandising and eCommerce, quality engineering, and automation to generate insights for faster decision-making and help us accelerate our business strategy. Our team in India plays a pivotal role in helping the company transition to new ways of working by redefining the food and grocery shopping experience for over 4.6 million customers.
At Giant Eagle Inc., we're more than just food, fuel and convenience. We're one giant family of diverse and talented Team Members. Our people are the heart and soul of our company. It's why we strive to create a nurturing environment that offers countless career opportunities to grow. Deep caring and solid family values are what makes us one of the top work places for jobs in the Greater Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Columbus and Indianapolis Areas. From our Warehouses to our GetGo's, our grocery Stores through our Corporate home office, we are working together to put food on shoppers' tables and smiles on their faces. We're always searching for the best Team Members to welcome to our family. We invite you to join our Giant Eagle family. Come start a lasting career with us.