Prep Foods Assistant Team Leader
- Pittsburgh, PA
- Experience Required: 1 to 3 years
- Experience Desired: Food Safety experience
- Education Required: High school diploma or equivalent
- Certification or Licensing Required: Food Safety
- Lifting Requirement: Up to 50 pounds
- Age Requirement: At least 18 years of age
- Maintain food quality standards without variation; maintain high standards of food safety and sanitation;
and maintain all equipment in good working order.
- Supervise prepared food team members to achieve maximum production and efficiency when Prep Foods Team Leader/Manager is not there.
- Assist Prepared Foods Team Leader/Manager in controlling operating expenses and achieve budgeted
food and labor cost; understand P&L/LOB reports.
- Manage the department team members by writing schedules and work assignments and enforcing all
- Increase profits by supporting in store ads, sampling, and special events. Being aware of competitors in
- Organize and maintain all food storage areas in accordance with health and safety requirements. Including labeling/code dating, cross contamination, and temperature.
- Maintain accurate department records to ensure documentation is available for review during various
- Analyze the Customer Satisfaction Survey and Mystery Shopper reports to identify areas in which
improvement is needed. Work together with Prepared Foods Team Leader/Manager to coach team
- Ensure that proper procedures are being followed to meet the out-of-stock percentage goal.
- Promote the continuous development of team members and identify candidates for Management
- Prepare food for customers by cooking, frying, and grilling. Process includes prep work such as chopping, dicing, and slicing.
- Reading recipes and following instructions.
- Set up Gourmet food cases, maintain display throughout the day.
- Package, weigh, and display food for Grab and Go case. Check dates on products routinely.
- Suggestive selling with knowledge of products in department. Sampling products for customers.
Back to top