Pharmacy Technician Floater
- Columbus, OH
- Experience Required: 0 to 6 months
- Education Required: High school diploma or equivalent
- Certification or Licensing Required: Must be free from sanctions from participating in federally funded health care programs; PTcB Preferred
- Lifting Requirement: Up to 25 pounds
- Travel Required: Regional - Daily, More than 50%
- Age Requirement: At least 18 years of age
- Travel to all locations within geographically assigned area in order to assist in efficient store operations.
- Model excellent patient care by respecting, engaging and enthusiastically meeting or exceeding all patient needs, including: processing orders in person and by phone, directing patients to products and merchandise and referring appropriate questions concerning prescriptions and over the counter medicine to the pharmacist.
- Process all new and refill prescriptions.
- Input prescriptions while maintaining productivity and quality standards.
- Follow all company, state and federal policies, laws and regulations, including HIPAA and Pseudoephedrine sales.
- Handle prescription data accurately and efficiently, including: retrieving prescription orders, counting, pouring, measuring and weighing tablets and medications, mixing medications, selecting the proper prescription container and creating prescription labels.
- Assist with maintaining proper inventory levels by ordering, receiving, stocking and rotating drugs and other supplies per company policy and procedures.
- Have knowledge of all appropriate service and business metrics and assist the team on action plans in order to improve outcomes.
- Resolve customer questions and concerns by communicating effectively with the customer and the management team and support staff in an efficient manner.
- Possess certification, qualification and/or registration as a Pharmacy Technician as required by the state and/or Giant Eagle.
- Assist in the execution of all company initiatives and programs.
Back to top