As a Pharmacy Intern, you'll be a key part of our team. You'll bring your skills and expertise to Giant Eagle and contribute toward the creation of a service conscious pharmacy. You'll also build relationships with patients that exceed their expectations. And provide safe, accurate and efficient care and customer service in order to achieve the best patient, Team Member and company outcomes.
- Experience Required: 0 to 6 months
- Education Required: High school degree or equivalent and current enrollment in an ACPE-accredited pharmacy degree program
- Certification or Licensing Required: Pharmacy; Active in-state Pharmacy Intern License
- Lifting Requirement: Up to 25 pounds
- Maintain proper inventory levels by submitting on line order, adding and adjusting order points, order quantities and on-hand counts in the computer and assisting manager in preparation of physical inventories
- Maintain a neat and clean work environment to ensure Company and government requirements are met.
- File written prescriptions daily.
- Assist Team Members with tasks to ensure department runs efficiently.
- Review all appropriate service and business metrics and assist team on action plans to improve outcome.
- Perform all regular duties of Pharmacy Technician.
- Welcome and acknowledge patients at all pharmacy entry points immediately and with compassion and a smile.
- Model excellent patient care by respecting, engaging and enthusiastically meeting or exceeding all patient needs including processing orders in person and by phone, directing patients to products and merchandise and referring appropriate questions concerning prescriptions and over the counter medicine to the pharmacist.
- Finalize sales using cash register according to established procedures including the point of sale policies.
- Perform all supporting duties to contribute to the safe and efficient dispensing of all patient medication and durable medical equipment by following all quality assurance policy and procedures including the selection and counting of medication.
- Comply with all Giant Eagle and Pharmacy policies including HIPAA and pseudoephedrine regulations.
- Enter patient personal data and insurance information.
- Enter all prescription information including calculations, free form directions, medication and durable medical equipment specifications.
- Ensure proper documentation for transmitting information to insurance companies, reviewing profiles for appropriate billing choices.
- Alert pharmacists appropriately for drug utilization reviews, calling and resolving third party rejections and rebilling claims, entering and processing refills and adding patients to Refills on Time Program.
- Process medical expense reports.
- Assist in the execution of all company initiatives and programs.
At Giant Eagle Inc., we're more than just food, fuel and convenience. We're one giant family of diverse and talented Team Members. Our people are the heart and soul of our company. It's why we strive to create a nurturing environment that offers countless career opportunities to grow. Deep caring and solid family values are what makes us one of the top work places for jobs in the Greater Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Columbus and Indianapolis Areas. From our Warehouses to our GetGo's, our grocery Stores through our Corporate home office, we are working together to put food on shoppers' tables and smiles on their faces. We're always searching for the best Team Members to welcome to our family. We invite you to join our Giant Eagle family. Come start a lasting career with us.