Meat Cutter Floater (Pittsburgh and Surrounding Areas)
- Pittsburgh, PA
- Experience Required: Satisfactory completion of job specific skills assessment; 6 to 12 months experience or successful completion of the Giant Eagle Apprenticeship program
- Education Required: No High School diploma required
- Lifting Requirement: Up to 50 pounds
- Age Requirement: At least 18 years of age
- Provide exemplary customer service by greeting customers in the department and ensuring their orders are filled to meet their expectations. Meat team members are also expected to make suggestions to our customers to enhance their shopping experience.
- Become familiar with products in the store to answer questions and make suggestions to customers.
- Smiles and greets customers in a friendly manner, whether the encounter takes place in the team member's designated department or elsewhere in the store.
- Properly handle products and equipment in accordance with food safety and safety guidelines to ensure a safe shopping environment.
- Cut meat to be sold to customers by taking the product out of the cooler and cutting meat into smaller sizes to be packaged for sale in accordance with Giant Eagle policies and procedures.
- Make ground meat by putting coarse ground into grinder then traying meat.
- Accurately record and assist in preparation of special orders to ensure the customer is delighted with the finished product.
- Assist in maintaining meat cooler and freezer efficiency by unloading deliveries.
- Rotate and check code dates on products to ensure customers safety.
Back to top