Experienced Cake Decorator + $1000 New Hire Bonus
- Akron, OH
- Experience Required: 0 to 6 months
- Education Required: High school diploma or equivalent; No High School diploma required
- Lifting Requirement: Up to 50 pounds
- Age Requirement: At least 18 years of age
- Fill tables and cases with cakes by taking product from prep area to sales area.
- Follow proper procedures to ensure store meets out-of-stock percentage goals.
- Apply merchandising principles that will help to generate sales as well as WOW the guest.
- Take special orders from guests over the telephone and in person.
- Maintain quality of product for sale by checking sales area for dates and condition of product.
- Document and/or record daily known loss.
- Maintain safety as the top priority in all aspects of our work, for our Team Members, guests, and products.
- Provide exemplary customer service by greeting customers and ensuring they are able to locate the products they are looking for. Bakery Team Members are also expected to have sufficient knowledge to answer questions and make suggestions to our customers.
- Inspire your fellow Team Members and our guests with a passion for food and a willingness to go the Extra Mile to provide the best product.
- Properly handle products and equipment in accordance with food safety and safety guidelines to ensure a safe shopping environment.
- Maintain cleanliness of equipment, tables, utensils, floor, etc. to ensure that safety and sanitation regulations are met.
- Prepare and decorate product for the Bakery cases and displays, rotating product and ensuring code dating procedures are followed and only the freshest product is available for sale.
- Maintain proper safety and sanitation methods, emergency procedures, cleanups, steritech, proper lifting and housekeeping to ensure department standards are met.
- Accurately record special orders on Bakery products to ensure the customer is delighted with the finished product.
- Maintain department procedures, daily setups, order taking, understanding copyright policies and proper product rotation.
- Constantly stay on top of new product knowledge and procedures, such as product information by category, special orders, cake program, portion control, seasonal items and mixing colors.
- Ice and decorate cakes by taking prepared icing and applying to cake using spatulas and icing bags.
- Prepare icing and products for all cakes and other decorated items by reading recipes, measuring ingredients, and mixing product.
- Assist in maintaining Bakery backroom, cooler and freezer efficiency by unloading deliveries.
- Operate department equipment, including mixers, scales, airbrush gun, knives, cut gloves and personal protective equipment (anti-slip shoes).
- Assist in other areas as required.
Back to top