As a Software Engineer you will be part of the Ecommerce Team. Under general direction, they will design, develop, and implement systems to ensure customer requirements are met in a timely and cost-effective manner. Key development responsibilities include the development and support of internal systems and integration of third-party applications and systems support. The role will require leadership, consulting and knowledge transfer to new and existing team members. This role has a strong focus on developing web applications, batch processes and RESTful web services in . net technologies.
- Experience Required: Experience Required: 2+ years of experience as a programmer/developer, who is versatile and can work with a diverse set of technologies and applications; Strong experience with the following technologies: C#, . NET, ASP. NET, MVC, WCF, ASP. NET Web API, LINA, Entity Framework, JQuery, SQL, SSIS, HTML, and CSS; Strong leadership and communication skills with the ability to interact with various personalities at all organization levels.
- Education Required: Bachelors Degree in information systems or equivalent experience.
- Design and write efficient, complicated modules or complex programs to meet customer requirements.
- Interact with analysts, users, and business stakeholders to gather, understand, and develop technical requirements.
- Coordinate systems analysis, systems development and implementation activities to ensure customer requirements are met.
- Organize and prepare program and system documentation according to established procedures to facilitate ongoing support and maintenance.
- Recommend and implement process improvements to increase efficiency.
- Perform formal code reviews and quality assurance activities for newly developed programs.
- Participate in an off-hour support rotation.
- Provide training and turnover to the Application Service Desk Team Members who provide 24x7 support to our business customers.
- Coordinate systems implementation by planning and monitoring system testing and conversion to ensure a smooth conversion to new programs.
- Produce all management reports completely, accurately and on time.
- Prevent unauthorized access to information, assets or restricted areas and report any attempts.
- Maintain cognizance of industry trends and new products to evaluate opportunities for achieving maximum effective usage of Company's investment in information technology
- Report any type of problems to the appropriate management in a timely manner.
- Participate in all education and On-the-Job Training programs as recommended by Management.
- Maintain communications with Group/Team Members.
- Assist other Team Members as required to ensure customer requirements are met.
- Ability to communicate well with internal and external personnel.
- Assist in special projects and other duties as assigned.
About the Company
Since our founding in 1931, Giant Eagle, Inc. has evolved into one of the top 40 largest private corporations in the U. S. and one of the country's largest food retailers and distributors. With more than 37,000 Team Members and $9.7 billion in revenue, we are committed to investing in people, technology, and data to elevate our customer's experience across multiple touchpoints. It helps us follow on our commitment to serving others and improving our communities.
About Giant Eagle Bangalore
The Giant Eagle GCC in Bangalore is our global capability center. Our team of more than 370 members at the GCC enables us to expand internal capabilities in the areas such as data analytics, merchandising and eCommerce, quality engineering, and automation to generate insights for faster decision-making and helping us accelerate our business strategy. Our team in India plays a pivotal role in helping the company transition to new ways of working by redefining the food and grocery shopping experience for over 4.6 million customers.
At Giant Eagle Inc., we're more than just food, fuel and convenience. We're one giant family of diverse and talented Team Members. Our people are the heart and soul of our company. It's why we strive to create a nurturing environment that offers countless career opportunities to grow. Deep caring and solid family values are what makes us one of the top work places for jobs in the Greater Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Columbus and Indianapolis Areas. From our Warehouses to our GetGo's, our grocery Stores through our Corporate home office, we are working together to put food on shoppers' tables and smiles on their faces. We're always searching for the best Team Members to welcome to our family. We invite you to join our Giant Eagle family. Come start a lasting career with us.