Data Entry Pharmacy Technician
- Cranberry Township, PA
- Experience Required: 0 to 6 months
- Experience Desired: Strong Customer Service Background
- Education Required: High school diploma or equivalent
- Certification or Licensing Required: Pharmacy
- Lifting Requirement: Up to 25 pounds
- Travel Required: None
- Age Requirement: At least 18 years of age
- Job Responsibility
- Effectively perform functions within the pharmacy system.
- Receive prescriptions and obtain any additional information required to initiate prescription-filling process and comply with all legal requirements.
- Answer telephone in a polite and timely manner and ensure accurate information is exchanged and customer is satisfied.
- Resolve customer questions and concerns by communicating effectively with the customer and the management team/support staff in an efficient manner.
- Comply with all Giant Eagle and Pharmacy policies including HIPAA and Pseudoephedrines.
- Add and update prescriptions on Refills on Time.
- Accurately read and data enter new prescriptions in the computer including billing to third parties, compounds, calculations and free form prescriptions.
- Resolve third party insurance billing issue to ensure customer requirements are met.
- Restock pharmacy supplies.
- File written prescriptions daily.
- Complete all necessary daily and weekly reports and paperwork.
- Maintain a neat and clean work environment to ensure Company and government requirements are met.
- Have knowledge of all appropriate service and business metrics and assist team on action plans to improve outcomes.
- Assist in the execution of all company initiatives and programs.
Central Pharmacy Service Centers: Founded in 1931, Giant Eagle, Inc. has grown to be the number one supermarket retailer in the region with more than 410 stores throughout western Pennsylvania, north central Ohio, northern West Virginia, Maryland and Indiana. The Giant Eagle Pharmacy meets a variety of customer needs, from filling prescriptions and administering flu shots to conducting free health screenings and providing patient education serving over 1.8 million patients and dispensing roughly 25 million prescriptions annually. In addition to the 200+ retail pharmacy locations, Giant Eagle Pharmacy also has a Central Fill Facility located in Freedom, PA. The Central Fill Facility is a closed-door pharmacy operation supporting the retail pharmacies
Back to top