Associate Store Leader
- Carmel, IN
- Experience Required: 3 to 5 years
- Education Required: High school diploma or equivalent
- Lifting Requirement: Up to 50 pounds
- Travel Required: Regional - Daily, Less than 10%
- Age Requirement: At least 21 years of age
- Your principal, main, major or most important duty includes one or some combination of the following tasks:
1. interview, select and train Team Members;
2. direct the work of Team Members;
3. appraise Team Members' productivity and efficiency for the purpose of recommending promotions or other changes in status;
4. handle Team Member issues including, but not limited to complaints;
5. discipline Team Members;
6. plan the work;
7. distribute or assign the work among Team Members;
8. provide for the safety and security of Team Members or the store;
9. manage the budget for your department or location;
10. manage inventory for your department or location; or
11. monitor or implement compliance measures
- Maintain safety as the top priority in all aspects of our work, for our Team Members, customers, and products.
- Coach the team so everyone can help drive incredible store success. Hold the team accountable to exceptional product quality, service, store conditions and cleanliness.
- Hold yourself accountable to the highest operational standards.
- Support Store Leadership decisions through coaching and collaborative action planning with front-line leadership and Team Members in order to meet or exceed key performance metric targets/projections.
- Execute merchandising plans timely and completely, and build upon the prescribed plans to achieve maximum sales and minimal shrink.
- Recognize business trends and opportunities within the store, market and organization, and proactively manage inventory levels to increase sales, control costs, and reduce waste.
- Collaborate with Store Leadership to support the allocation of resources, and prioritize work through effective scheduling, managing of labor and productivity, and delegation of tasks and responsibilities.
- Collaborate with Store Leadership to assess staffing levels and hiring needs within the store. Participate in applicant review, conducting interviews and completing the hiring and on-boarding process.
- Promote ongoing professional development of all Team Members and front-line leaders through the talent management processes (development plans, career pathing discussions, and special projects). Apply a philosophy of "finding and developing my own replacement".
- Provide continuous support and coaching to Team Members and front-line leaders related to a safety, sales, service and performance culture. Utilize recognition to maintain successful performance. Model core values and possess skills for success. Inspire others through passion, integrity and a dedication to the business.
- Provide appropriate training for Team Members and front-line leaders, and validate all are trained to perform their jobs safely and effectively with Customer Service being a priority.
- Adhere to and follow up on work designs for Team Members and front-line leadership tasks and responsibilities, and utilize problem solving techniques to make performance improvements within the store.
- Ensure conditions throughout the store meet or exceed all internal and external standards, compliance, and regulations. Responsible for continuous assessment of standards, compliance, and regulations, and communicating any deficiencies immediately to supervision.
Back to top