- Experience Required: 3 to 5 years
- Experience Desired: Prior management experience in Meat operations/ or related field; Customer Service Experience; Knowledge of Market District meat operational procedures; Ability to read and interpret Profit and Loss statement
- Education Required: High school diploma or equivalent
- Certification or Licensing Required: Meat cutting certification
- Lifting Requirement: Up to 50 pounds
- Age Requirement: At least 18 years of age
- Assist Meat Manager in running of Meat Department by writing orders, assigning job assignments, and
maintaining conditions in department.
- Provide customers with variety of cuts of meat and filling sales cases by assisting in cutting of meat.
- Maintain levels of product in sales cases by inspecting product levels and preparing products for case.
- Ensure that proper procedures are being followed so that store meets out-of-stock percentage goal.
- Promote the continuous development of Team Member and identify candidates for Management
- Ability to understand and adhere to the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Unloading and checking in orders.
- Stocking frozen foods and lunch meats to sales case and unloading deliveries in cooler and freezer.
- Maintain cold-chain process.
- It is essential to model, understand and promote safety processes and requirements according to the Health Department, HACCP, OSHA, along with our Company's policies and procedures. With these safe work practices and properly maintained equipment, we will protect Ourselves, our Team Members, Our Customers and our Banner.
- Display a commitment to learn about food and share food knowledge with fellow team members and
- Actively demonstrate appropriate suggestive selling techniques.
- Conduct business, at all times, with a clear understanding that customer service is a significant point of
difference for our Company. Every interaction, whether with an internal or external customer,
is to be conducted with the highest degree of integrity and with an understanding that the end result is to
deliver service in an unparalleled manner.
- Actively participate in, and promote, an environment which embraces diversity, inclusion, and respect for
Team Members, Customers, Vendors, and the Community.
- Maintain cleanliness of equipment, tables, utensils, floor (to ensure safety), and sanitation regulations are