Apprentice Meat Cutter (Pittsburgh and Surrounding Areas) Bid - $500 New Hire Bonus
- Pittsburgh, PA
- Experience Required: 0 to 6 months
- Experience Desired: Prior experience in the field or related field
- Education Required: No High School diploma required
- Education Preferred: High School diploma or equivalent; Vocational/Technical
- Lifting Requirement: Up to 50 pounds
- Age Requirement: At least 18 years of age
- Learn to cut meat to be sold to customers by taking the product out of the cooler and cutting meat into smaller sizes to be packaged for sale.
- Learn to make ground meat by putting coarse ground into grinder then traying meat.
- Accurately record and assist in preparation of special orders to ensure the customer is delighted with the finished product.
- Assist in maintaining meat cooler and freezer efficiency by unloading deliveries.
- Learn all aspects of code dating.
- Follow proper procedures to ensure store meets out-of-stock percentage goals.
- Wrap and maintain meat case.
- Rotate and check code dates on products to ensure guest safety.
- Provide products and services that meet the requirements of internal and external customers at all times, and abide by the Company's Guiding Principles, Common Purposes, and Service Credo's.
- Maintain safety as the top priority in all aspects of our work, for our Team Members, guests, and products.
- Provide exemplary customer service by greeting customers in the department and ensuring their orders are filled to meet their expectations. Meat Team Members are also expected to make suggestions to our customers to enhance their shopping experience.
- Display a commitment to learn about food and share food knowledge with fellow team members and customers.
- Learn and retain current all work methods put in place.
- Properly handle products and equipment in accordance with food safety and safety guidelines to ensure a safe shopping environment.
- Actively demonstrate appropriate suggestive selling techniques.
- Maintain cleanliness of equipment, tables, utensils, floor and sanitation to insure a clean and safe work environment.
- Actively participate in, and promote, an environment which embraces diversity, inclusion, and respect for Team Members, Customers, Vendors, and the Community.
Back to top