Apprentice Baker (Pittsburgh and Surrounding Areas) Bid - $500 New Hire Bonus
- Pittsburgh, PA
- Experience Required: 0 to 6 months
- Experience Desired: Prior experience working in Bakery or related industry
- Education Required: No High School diploma required
- Lifting Requirement: Up to 50 pounds
- Age Requirement: At least 18 years of age
- Perform bench work according to established scratch procedures when necessary.
- Prepare product and form product to specifications as required according to scratch recipes.
- Bake prepared product using appropriate time and temperature as specified by recipe.
- Properly insert products into proof box, set controls, and close door to ensure proper size and shape of product.
- Prepare and fry donuts according to established procedures.
- Insert products into and retrieve products from the freezer to preserve freshness.
- Actively demonstrate appropriate suggestive selling techniques and provide active sampling when appropriate.
- Maintain safety as the top priority in all aspects of our work, for our Team Members, guests, and products.
- Provide exemplary customer service by greeting customers and ensuring they are able to locate the products they are looking for. Bakery Team Members are also expected to have sufficient knowledge to answer questions and make suggestions to our customers.
- Properly handle products and equipment in accordance with food safety and safety guidelines to ensure a safe shopping environment.
- Maintain cleanliness of equipment, tables, utensils, floor, department work area, including the back room, coolers and freezers, to ensure that safety and sanitation regulations are met.
- Bake prepared and scratch product for the Bakery cases and displays, rotating product and ensuring code dating procedures are followed and only the freshest product is available for sale.
- Maintain proper safety and sanitation methods, emergency procedures, cleanups, steritech, proper lifting and housekeeping to ensure department standards are met.
- Accurately record special orders on Bakery products to ensure the customer is delighted with the finished product.
- Understand all the ingredients and purpose of each used in manufacturing scratch baked goods.
- Assemble necessary baking ingredients to prepare for baking operation including all scratch recipes.
- Assist in maintaining bakery backroom, cooler and freezer efficiency by unloading deliveries.
- Assist in other areas as required.
Back to top