VAT Manager, Tax
Who You Are:
You are a problem solver who loves a challenge, has strong technical tax skills and looking for an opportunity to work for a dynamic company with a significant international structure. You are a proven leader and mentor with excellent communication skills who is able to influence decision across multiple functions and levels within a company. You have experience, showing consistent advancement into more complex roles including leadership and management.
Your Next Challenge:
The position will have main responsibility for managing the company’s worldwide VAT planning and compliance processes. The ideal candidate would have experience with VAT for multinational corporations, proven skills in process improvement and communication skills.
Primary responsibilities include the following:
- Manage preparation and filing of worldwide indirect tax returns, ensuring complete, accurate, and timely reporting.
- Monitor and timely communicate changes in indirect tax legislation to ensure compliance.
- Assist with drafting indirect tax policies and procedures as needed to improve controls and mitigate indirect tax risks.
- Review VAT accounts for issues and provide timely solutions accordingly.
- Manage tax authority examinations, special projects and tax planning across jurisdictions.
- Assist in the development of departmental staff.
- Drive process improvements and tax savings initiatives.
- Work closely with IT, AR, and AP departments on VAT systems improvements, tax engine upgrades, and testing.
What You’ll Need:
- BA/BS degree in Accounting or equivalent required.
- CPA designation or equivalent and/or Masters in Tax or Law would be a plus.
- Strong understanding of and experience with VAT requirements.
- Minimum of 6-7 years of VAT and/or GST specific experience working in a large public accounting firm, law firm or multinational corporate tax environment.
- Demonstrated leadership, management, interpersonal skills required.
- High degree of accuracy, proven ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and available for calls with people in other time zones to meet deadlines in a time sensitive environment.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing with all levels of personnel, and across internal and external departments, functions, and organizations.
- Must be self-motivated and a team player.
Who We Are:
Getty Images is the most trusted and esteemed source of visual content in the world, with over 200 million assets available through its industry-leading sites www.gettyimages.com and www.istock.com. The Getty Images website serves creative, business and media customers in almost 200 countries and is the first place people turn to discover, purchase and share powerful content from the world's best photographers and videographers. Getty Images works with over 200,000 contributors and hundreds of image partners to provide comprehensive coverage of more than 130,000 news, sport and entertainment events, impactful creative imagery to communicate any commercial concept and the world's deepest digital archive of historic photography.
Visit Getty Images at www.gettyimages.com to learn more about how the company is advancing the unique role of still and moving imagery in communication and business, and enabling creative ideas to come to life. For company news and announcements, visit our Press Room, and for the stories and inspiration behind our content, visit Stories & Trends. Find Getty Images on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest and Tumblr, or download the Getty Images app where you can explore, save and share the world's best imagery.
Getty Images is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace
Meet Some of Getty Images's Employees
Karissa collaborates with the Development and Design Teams to create third-party extensions and Getty Images’ embed, which allow users to access and use visual content more easily.
Back to top