Senior Software Engineer, Search (Solr or Elastic Search)
Who You Are:
A seasoned Search Engine Algorithm engineering expert. This position is responsible for designing and developing software applications. Testing and debugging new and existing software as well as performance tuning and optimization of existing code. Operates with considerable latitude and recommends major changes. May supervise activities of others.
Your Next Challenge:
- Independently develops feature designs for multiple, complex features
- Participates in code development by actively writing code and conducting unit testing
- Develops estimates and schedules on a project or team wide basis
- Works with development team and operations support to troubleshoot development environment, production environment, performance tune and optimize code
- Provides technical leadership for a project or feature team through design and code reviews as well as active mentoring of more junior developers
- Provide project status
What You'll Need:
- Minimum of 8+ years relevant experience in this field
- Significant experience developing software in a commercial software development environment
- Proven ability to design and develop large scale, complex applications
- Knowledge and experience in one or more of the following: Solr, Elastic Search, EASP.NET, C++/C#, HTML, SQL, Java XML desired
- Ability to translate business requirements into technical specifications
- B.S. Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
Who We Are:
Getty Images is the most trusted and esteemed source of visual content in the world, with over 200 million assets available through its industry-leading sites www.gettyimages.com and www.istock.com. The Getty Images website serves creative, business and media customers in almost 200 countries and is the first place people turn to discover, purchase and share powerful content from the world's best photographers and videographers. Getty Images works with over 200,000 contributors and hundreds of image partners to provide comprehensive coverage of more than 130,000 news, sport and entertainment events, impactful creative imagery to communicate any commercial concept and the world's deepest digital archive of historic photography.
Visit Getty Images at www.gettyimages.com to learn more about how the company is advancing the unique role of still and moving imagery in communication and business, and enabling creative ideas to come to life. For company news and announcements, visit our Press Room, and for the stories and inspiration behind our content, visit Stories & Trends. Find Getty Images on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest and Tumblr, or download the Getty Images app where you can explore, save and share the world's best imagery.
Getty Images is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. Getty Images believes that diversity is critical to our success in moving the world with images and is committed to creating an inclusive, mutually respectful environment which celebrates diversity. We seek to hire on the basis of merit, competence, performance, and business needs.
Back to top