Senior Software Engineer - C++/C#
Who You Are:
You are an excellent developer who uses the right technology to solve real problems. Software craftsmanship means something to you. You want to collaborate with smart people focusing on customer value delivery. You are passionate about image recognition technology. Problem domain of visual search fascinates you. You are experienced developing highly distributed and scalable visual-content-based applications. You’ve worked with service-oriented architectures and consumed APIs. You know REST. You are agile and look for opportunities to improve delivery flow.
Your Next Challenge:
- Developing end-to-end solutions to resolve scaling & distribution architectural problems
- Working at the top of coding-standards, continuous-integration and continuous delivery methodologies
- Using TDD to deliver testable and tested code
- Working with development team and operations to support and troubleshoot development and production environments, tune and optimize code.
- Participating in a fast-moving agile process
- Pushing for improvement to process and results
What You’ll Need:
- Computer Science degree or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience
- Thorough understanding of OO programming, and Design Patterns
- Knowledge and experience with C++/C#/Java/Python in production
- Knowledge and experience with SQL and No-SQL (Redis, Mongo, MemCache) in production
- Knowledge and experience with message broker software (RMQ, MSQ) in production
- Knowledge and experience with Big Data, Deep Learning framework (Caffe, etc.) are valued
- Experience working with Git
- Experience working and deploying within Windows and Linux
- Experience with Agile development practices (Scrum, Kanban)
- Experience with paired programming
- Personal initiative, strong communication skills
- Experience with computer vision algorithm such as Scale-invariant feature transform (SIFT)
- Experience with data presentation tool such as Tableau, etc.
- Public/Private Cloud infrastructure experience - such as AWS, OpenStack, etc.
- Lean Product Development
Who We Are:
Getty Images is the most trusted and esteemed source of visual content in the world, with over 200 million assets available through its industry-leading sites www.gettyimages.com and www.istock.com. The Getty Images website serves creative, business and media customers in almost 200 countries and is the first place people turn to discover, purchase and share powerful content from the world's best photographers and videographers. Getty Images works with over 200,000 contributors and hundreds of image partners to provide comprehensive coverage of more than 130,000 news, sport and entertainment events, impactful creative imagery to communicate any commercial concept and the world's deepest digital archive of historic photography.
Visit Getty Images at www.gettyimages.com to learn more about how the company is advancing the unique role of still and moving imagery in communication and business, and enabling creative ideas to come to life. For company news and announcements, visit our Press Room, and for the stories and inspiration behind our content, visit Stories & Trends. Find Getty Images on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest and Tumblr, or download the Getty Images app where you can explore, save and share the world's best imagery.
Getty Images is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace
Meet Some of Getty Images's Employees
Karissa collaborates with the Development and Design Teams to create third-party extensions and Getty Images’ embed, which allow users to access and use visual content more easily.
Back to top