Senior Product Manager
Who You Are:
Are you passionate about products and their ability to delight customers? Are you equally expert in solving customer, business and technology puzzles? Do you have a proven track record in delivering innovative solutions in modern technologies? Do you love building and leading world-class teams? Would you enjoy working with a highly collaborative, passionate, fun-loving group of people? If so, then we have the career opportunity of your life, as the Senior Product Manager at Getty Images.
Getty Images is the world’s leading creator and distributor of still imagery, video, music and other premium content. Our goal is to inspire communicators - and give them the tools to create inspiring work of their own. You have the opportunity to transform the way creators use digital media to communicate their ideas.
Your Next Challenge:
Our Product Management team is responsible for the creation, development and management of products across our global organization, including Getty Images and iStock. The Senior Product Manager for Getty Images is advanced in their product management skillset and will lead large, strategic initiatives on the site or platforms, with a specific focus on developing new experiences that delight customers and solve their pain points. You will be responsible for defining execution product strategy, business models, developing and executing a roadmap, operating and improving business results for high-potential areas of the business.
The Senior Product Manager for Getty Images will work cross-functionally with senior leadership, general managers, sales, marketing, business & user intelligence, and technology to translate this strategy into action – whether it be launching new products and services, or optimizing those already in market. This will be done while keeping a very keen eye toward driving commercial success through KPIs. Any new strategies will need to be validated by robust analysis with both a customer and competitive lens to ensure we meet both current and future business requirements.
- Ability to define Customer problems and deliver an execution strategy (requirements, prioritization, roadmaps) to solve those painpoints.
- Own every aspect of experiences being launched by defining and reviewing key performance metrics, aggregating user feedback and reporting performance to a broad group of stakeholders on a regular basis
- Develop and own the product backlog. Maintain a clear ranking of priorities for the development team to effectively plan and deliver against.
- Work closely with Content, Operations, Sales, Business Intelligence, Finance, Marketing and Technology to execute in a way that maximizes the company’s overarching strategies and approach.
- Drive the development of market insights, competitive analysis, audience opportunity, etc. Analyze trends by region, customer segment, distribution channel, content source and product line to strengthen current market position and identify potential opportunities. Proactively evolve plans on the basis of such market intelligence. Turn strategy into a value proposition and actionable plans.
- Deliver value in-market on an ongoing and iterative basis using the lean agile methodology.
What You’ll Need:
- 5+ years relevant experience in web or digital product management
- Proven track record of successful product management, including development and launch of new products, preferably including mobile and video
- Experience with content-based business preferred
- Experience in strategic planning or consulting experience a plus
- High level of maturity and confidence
- Experience with lean agile development preferred.
- Experience in managing and delivering multiple complex projects across functional, geographic and cultural borders
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working in a fast paced creative environment. Must be flexible and comfortable in a state of change
- A history of positive peer feedback as a collaborator and communicator who drives results
- Relevant Bachelor’s Degree; MBA preferred
Who We Are:
Getty Images is the most trusted and esteemed source of visual content in the world, with over 200 million assets available through its industry-leading sites www.gettyimages.com and www.istock.com. The Getty Images website serves creative, business and media customers in almost 200 countries and is the first place people turn to discover, purchase and share powerful content from the world's best photographers and videographers. Getty Images works with over 200,000 contributors and hundreds of image partners to provide comprehensive coverage of more than 130,000 news, sport and entertainment events, impactful creative imagery to communicate any commercial concept and the world's deepest digital archive of historic photography.
Visit Getty Images at www.gettyimages.com to learn more about how the company is advancing the unique role of still and moving imagery in communication and business, and enabling creative ideas to come to life. For company news and announcements, visit our Press Room, and for the stories and inspiration behind our content, visit Stories & Trends. Find Getty Images on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest and Tumblr, or download the Getty Images app where you can explore, save and share the world's best imagery.
Getty Images is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace.
Meet Some of Getty Images's Employees
Lexie works as part of the Front-end Development Team, building client-facing interfaces for the flagship Getty Images site.
Back to top